• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rate My Annealing...

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
This morning I switched up my annealing process. I switched up from an Annealeaze to an Annie. The Templaq 750 degree test says I'm good. I just don't like how white the tops of the necks are getting. Also, every youtube video I see with this machine and annealing 6.5 Creedmoor brass has been 2.0 seconds or less. I am going 2.8. I feel that the finished product looks like a good anneal. But I want to throw it out here to get some other feedback. Maybe I have been under annealing for a few years? Pics to follow...

This morning I switched up my annealing process. I switched up from an Annealeaze to an Annie. The Templaq 750 degree test says I'm good. I just don't like how white the tops of the necks are getting. Also, every youtube video I see with this machine and annealing 6.5 Creedmoor brass has been 2.0 seconds or less. I am going 2.8. I feel that the finished product looks like a good anneal. But I want to throw it out here to get some other feedback. Maybe I have been under annealing for a few years? Pics to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 148
My creed with lapua brass and the red and red jaws (old non water) is 3.9

You can vary the neck vs shoulder by putting it more centered lower on the shoulder if the necks are turning clear way before the shoulder body turns.

Trust what the tempilaq says, it’s sets my minimum, a bit hotter/longer doesn’t hurt too bad either though so the tenth of a second isn’t so vital

looks almost as pretty as the alpha brass I have if that's a good thing .

Reactions: RLinNH
My creed with lapua brass and the red and red jaws (old non water) is 3.9

You can vary the neck vs shoulder by putting it more centered lower on the shoulder if the necks are turning clear way before the shoulder body turns.

Trust what the tempilaq says, it’s sets my minimum, a bit hotter/longer doesn’t hurt too bad either though so the tenth of a second isn’t so vital
I just did another box of 101. Took your advice and lowered the coil a bit. Much better. Wow this machine makes annealing EASY!!!

Reactions: spife7980