• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rate of Twist

bdubb

Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
TX
Can anyone confirm the rate of twist on a .25-06 Remington Sendero?

I see that it is typically 10", but would like to confirm with the Sendero and make sure they didn't change it up for the extended barrel or any other reasons.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rate of Twist

If you have a cleaning rod put a patch on it. Next insert it into the barrel. Make an indexing mark on the cleaning rod. Push the rod in farther until it makes a complete rotation. Measure the length of rod from the start to where it made a full rotation, that is your twist rate. Ie 1 full rotation takes a length of 12" its a 1-12 twist etc.

Hope this helps

Re: Rate of Twist

Mule

Yes, that helped. I understand what the rate of twist is, but wasn't thinking outside of the box enough to consider just running a patch thru it and measuring the rod. Worked out well, thanks for pointing this out to me.