• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Raven concealment holsters

SgtKope

Back from a long vacation
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania
Does anyone have a review of these? I carry a Sig P228 and I like the idea of being able to modify the holster to be IWB and OWB.

Thanks

Re: Raven concealment holsters

I have a Raven ACR for my S&W J frames and it's a good setup. I'm not sure which model you're looking at but everything I've seen from Raven has been well made. I'll be seeing them at the local gun show this weekend and their table is always packed but I hear they won't be making holsters to order at the show any longer. Apparently they're running a 6 week backlog currently.

Good guys, good holsters, deal with confidence.

I think the reason for such a backlog is only going to get greater due to Costa and Hayley using them in the latest handgun vids.

+1 for Raven holsters. I own the Phantom version for every model of pistol I own. Worth the wait.

I guess I don't see the draw. Kydex holsters suck, they're and sticky. What is it that's so great about Raven?

I've used one daily since late 06 or early 07, mostly IWB with my M&P/TLR combo. Works great.

I carry a Kimber tactical entry II in mine with a light. I switch back and forth from OWB to IWB and absolutely love the way it holds the weapon close to the body in owb wear, I hate that it mars the finish on my heater but like the concealment. I wear it daily and it is a model that is a light holster. I would recommend it if you look at your pistol as a tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used one daily since late 06 or early 07, mostly IWB with my M&P/TLR combo. Works great. </div></div>

So what do you like/not-like about them? I really need one but I don't want to order another hot sticky holster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb3506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a Kimber tactical entry II in mine with a light. I switch back and forth from OWB to IWB and absolutely love the way it holds the weapon close to the body in owb wear, I hate that it mars the finish on my heater but like the concealment. I wear it daily and it is a model that is a light holster. I would recommend it if you look at your pistol as a tool. </div></div>

I am not worried one bit about the finish, I don't own the gun the Federal Gov't does. Just looking for something comfortable and concealable.

I have been running a Phantom for my off duty gun(Glock 26) for about a year now. Its probably the best holster for concealed carry I've used. Thin, hugs the body, and molded perfectly to fit the pistol with no wobble. Only issue with Raven holsters if using the belt loops, you have to keep an eye on them and ensure they dont crack. The kydex is pretty thin, and some folks have had the loops break. So far so good with mine though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used one daily since late 06 or early 07, mostly IWB with my M&P/TLR combo. Works great. </div></div>

So what do you like/not-like about them? I really need one but I don't want to order another hot sticky holster </div></div>

If it's outside the waistband, kydex retains it's shape, has excellent retention, stays open for re-inserting the handgun, is thin, light, and durable.

If it's inside the waistband it's....well...all of the above.

If you sole issue with kydex is that it's hot and sticky, then wear an undershirt!
smile.gif

Undershirts protect you against the under arm sweatstain. They also get wet and actually keep you cooler than you would be without an undershirt, due to the evaporation. They keep your belly from showing through/under your shirt. Oh, and they insulate you from a kydex IWB holster! Win/win.

Or you could get an MTac style holster that is partly leather and partly kydex.

Raven holsters are top notch and worth the wait. I have worn just about every holster made and Raven's Phantom's are my favorite outside the pant holsters. Thin and hug the body with great retention and I've taken several training courses with them, running, rolling, etc and it never lost retention. Lightweight, durable and damn they just kick ass. For inside the pants I go with Bladetech.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it that's so great about Raven? </div></div>

They managed to get their product highlighted in a DVD series with the two most shit hot instructors going.

This is not to say that the Magpul vids aren't top notch or the instruction isn't great. Nor is it to bag on raven holsters. Simply the facts are they make a good product that just got the tactical equivalent of a book being listed in Oprah's Book Club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Or you could get an MTac style holster that is partly leather and partly kydex. </div></div>

I have the comp-tac Minotaur and love it but wish I could have the option to go OWB too.