• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayners June LR Rifle Match **OHIO

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
June 27th (4th Sunday of every month) come on down to Rayners to shoot some steel out to 900 yards.

Still $10 and still fun!

**Tom has added 2 more station (4 more targets) to the course. 36 total rounds. There will now be 3 squads shooting at the same time.

Directions and such found HERE
2010-05-23155633.jpg

Re: Rayners June LR Rifle Match **OHIO

Wish I could be there but I kinda have to be somewhere else. See you all soon

Wayde

I'll be there this weekend for the pistol match and post any new info. Looks like a total of 6 positions and 36 rounds. Should be a good time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And NO Rain.

Topstrap </div></div>

That was not a smart thing to say
shocked.gif

Surely you know what happens when predictions like that are made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there this weekend for the pistol match and post any new info. Looks like a total of 6 positions and 36 rounds. Should be a good time. </div></div>

Still waiting......

Thanks

Really nothing new to tell .... they will be hanging new targets on Thursday, so the distances are still unknown. When I get them I'll post an add in the classifieds
laugh.gif
. It looks like they'll be around 250 and 400 for the lower position and in the 700 neighborhood from up on the hill.

Got a short video I shot last week at Rayners Range. Shows what you all are missing. Come on out and See ya all Sunday.

Took one shot at the lil 2" x 4" at 900 and hoped for a bragging rights video but missed it so this will have to do for this time.
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3Lai8k2y4

Topstrap

Man I so want to be there. But the drive is 4 hrs for me I'll try to make it regardless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I so want to be there. But the drive is 4 hrs for me I'll try to make it regardless. </div></div>
It sucks, but this game sometimes requires a lot of driving since there aren't many ranges offering long distance shooting. Multigun is a similar problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I so want to be there. But the drive is 4 hrs for me I'll try to make it regardless. </div></div>

Even if you can't make it till 11am, you can still shoot. You might need to make up 1 station but, that won't be a problem.

Hangs head in shame, sorry it wasn't a revolver
frown.gif

Come on out, 12 more shots now with the extra targets. Gonna be fun !!!!

Topstrap

Here is a list of all the yardages for the match. 200 500 300 375 235 400 600 900 630 700 650 770

Tell the Rayner's I said hello and I will see them for sure next month. Goin'Hot knows why I cant make this one.

See ya'al soon

I guess we should all be happy we live in an area where there are so many events to choose from. I'm going to miss July and Sept. Rayner's rifle matches in favor of Multigun up North. I'm really itching to shoot the Intimidator again, but the dates just haven't worked out yet.

Proneshooter, welcome to the hide and thanks for comming so far to shoot with us today. I hope you can bring your Mansfield buddie to the July shoot on the 25th.

Here are a couple shots from today. 30 people showed up to SWEAT and shoot. The shelters helped a BUNCH and the breeze (although not the best when taking 700 yard plus shots) made it pretty nice.

The extra two positions and running 3 squads helped it move really smooth today. Thanks to all the shooters for comming out.....

Position 1, 2 & 3. Postiotions are marked by the shelters.
2010-06-27095724.jpg

Shot of the new position on top of the hill. 650 & 770 yards
2010-06-27131443.jpg

Looking back at the new position
2010-06-27131354.jpg

Looking out at 600 & 900 yards.
2010-06-27133245.jpg

Now for probably the most important shot of all. Everyone likes to be a winner so for $2 you could go up and pick something off of the "pies table"
2010-06-27121640-1.jpg

Here is a copy of the ranges and the associated points value based on target size.....
2010-06-27121737.jpg

Also had a great time today, breaking a firing pin and losing half the targets at one position don't help the score any but I just can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon than with fellow shooters doing the impossible. Always next month to look forward to.

Topstrap

Damn, wish I was there today. You guys must have had a blast. Got totally destroyed by the rain today in Indiana.