• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner's , PA, NY matches?

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    So its the nearest match to me but I usually don't shoot local. Anybody have any experience with their matches? Feedback?

Alao thinking about

I'm trying to decide on that or maybe going to NY / NY precision on the 28th and or the W.A.R. rifles in PA on the 29th.

NY precision is a good local match, Mark and his crew helpful and laid back, and (usually) very few jerseys. They are limited to <800 due to the range. The firing points are close to each other so a bit congested, but I always enjoy them.

W.A.R is a big boy match spread out pretty good with a lot of different winds calls stage to stage (if the match is at Giessle). Drew usually throws in above average difficulty and is a more challenging venue. I enjoy them as well.

Two different experiences….for me NY is a bit more fun and social, W.A.R is more challenging.

My $0.02.

ZY

Reactions: RichMangus
    I've never been to either, but I'm thankful that I noticed this thread. I thought my only option in NY was sheepdog.

Looks like NY precision is 300-600 yards for their September event, it might be a good match for me to bring my wife to for her first match.

Thanks that was the feed back I was looking for. Haven't hit a match this year due to travel and personal so I may slam 3 in quick.

Zy100 was spot on for my experiences this year at NY and War.

I might add to road to range at War was interesting to say the least for a sedan.

I prefer PRS style. Just prone banging steel isn't bad but can get boring and why leave my property to do that. I have that at home.

NY Precision is a PRS style match….barricades, stairs, strong/support side, TYL racks, tank traps, etc.

ZY

Check out MKM Precision. Renamed Rockland precision range. We have a number of events throughout the year. 2 Day PRS, 1 Day PRS matches, rimfire prs, KYL rifle league every Thursday. Cool thing about our 1 day PRS matches we run a Penn-Ohio series that focuses on the local guys that like to shoot the 1 days but don’t really care for the 2 day matches. We will pay back over $14,000 to the members of the Penn-Ohio series this year. 90% of this money goes to non pro shooters, the jersey shooters will only get 1 paid spot and this year. By focusing on our local shooters and giving back to them it’s our way of saying thanks for supporting the range all year long

Check out MKM Precision. Renamed Rockland precision range. We have a number of events throughout the year. 2 Day PRS, 1 Day PRS matches, rimfire prs, KYL rifle league every Thursday. Cool thing about our 1 day PRS matches we run a Penn-Ohio series that focuses on the local guys that like to shoot the 1 days but don’t really care for the 2 day matches. We will pay back over $14,000 to the members of the Penn-Ohio series this year. 90% of this money goes to non pro shooters, the jersey shooters will only get 1 paid spot and this year. By focusing on our local shooters and giving back to them it’s our way of saying thanks for supporting the range all year long
    Any info other than facebook?

I have a membership to MKM and they have a top notch range. The winds are switchy, and when we end up going to the NY matches, we tend to clean house because of it. NY Precisions props are unstable but I think that's to make up for the 600 yard max range of the match. Rayners is ultra laid back but like another forum member has said, expect to be there all damn day. You'll also think you're lost on your way to the range. Don't forget TVP has a match on the 11th of September!

We will pay back over $14,000 to the members of the Penn-Ohio series this year. 90% of this money goes to non pro shooters, the jersey shooters will only get 1 paid spot and this year.

What if I pay for my own jersey from Techwear?

What if I pay for my own jersey from Techwear?
    The way “pro” shooters or jersey shooters are defined is if you get any kind of free/discounted support from
    Companies. That would classify you as a pro shooter. So as long as your not getting any discounts or free product you would fall into non pro

The way “pro” shooters or jersey shooters are defined is if you get any kind of free/discounted support from
    Companies. That would classify you as a pro shooter. So as long as your not getting any discounts or free product you would fall into non pro

I thought pros has to earn a living from shooting matches to be professionals.

It should be embarrassing to feel the need to be protected from a "pro" getting a 10% discount on bullets because he put someone's logo on the back of their shirt.

Weak AF

Last edited:
    I thought pros has to earn a living from shooting matches to be professionals.

It should be embarrassing to feel the need to be protected from a "pro" getting a 10% discount on bullets because he put someone's logo on the back of their shirt.

Weak AF
    I’m not real smart or intelligent so please explain a bit more. You think everyone should be classified the same? I agree it’s not ideal but that was the only way to keep the 2 day shooters a bit seperated from our 1 day crowd. We found this as a good way to create competitiveness among the 1 day guys and let’s us give back to them exclusively vs the 2 day shooters showing up and taking home all the money.

If your concerned about being classed as a pro because you get 10% off Bullet’s and can’t compete against some of the better shooters don’t worry that 10% discount doesn’t make you a pro. Didn’t mean for what I said to be misleading so sorry about that. Basically the guys getting support from multiple companies in the form of discounts and free product would make them classified as a pro.

Reactions: Ironmaker
    I’m not real smart or intelligent so please explain a bit more. You think everyone should be classified the same? I agree it’s not ideal but that was the only way to keep the 2 day shooters a bit seperated from our 1 day crowd. We found this as a good way to create competitiveness among the 1 day guys and let’s us give back to them exclusively vs the 2 day shooters showing up and taking home all the money.

If your concerned about being classed as a pro because you get 10% off Bullet’s and can’t compete against some of the better shooters don’t worry that 10% discount doesn’t make you a pro. Didn’t mean for what I said to be misleading so sorry about that. Basically the guys getting support from multiple companies in the form of discounts and free product would make them classified as a pro.
    Serious question, how do you know who makes bank as a "pro" and who's a "regular Joe"?

I ask because in the sport I'm serious about (USPSA) no one gives a shit about "pros" competing in local matches. There is, in fact, no differentiation on the basis of "sponsorship". The reality of it is that 99% of these "pros" get that 5-10% discount and nothing more.

Do away with cash prizes if that's what causes butthurt.

Reactions: FJBPrecision
    @ksanoski in the interest of full disclosure I have zero sponsorship from anyone except my wife. But I attack my sport as hard as time and money permits.

I agree we should lump everyone together and they all shoot it out. Definitely something we will discuss for next year. We thought it was a good way to try and separate the normal 1 day shooters vs the 2 day shooters. But maybe most people could careless. Thanks for the input

I agree we should lump everyone together and they all shoot it out. Definitely something we will discuss for next year. We thought it was a good way to try and separate the normal 1 day shooters vs the 2 day shooters. But maybe most people could careless. Thanks for the input
    You're wasting your time with guys that spend 95% of their time on the keyboard and the other 5% thinking about shooting. But they have 100% of the answers. You should know this by now.