• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayners Range August long range match

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
Don't forget that Rayners next long range steel plate match is on Sunday August 22. Registration starts at 9 PM with shooting to start at 10 PM. For those that have not been there we shoot from 200 thru 900 yards. There are benches at each location for those that use them and plenty of soft grass for those that like to do it in the dirt. 2 targets at each location with 3 shots each that count for points. Some have multiple size targets worth more points the smaller they are.

A total of 12 targets so you'll need 36 rounds to complete the course of fire. We divide into three groups to speed things up. A short lunch break (food available at shop) then we go to other half of the range. Very challenging for all skill levels and a great group of shooters to spend the day with Price for the shoot is $10.00.

Scoped and open sight rifles along with those crazy enough to try hitting those wee bitty targets with long range handguns are welcome. Come on out and give it a try, there are plenty of knowledgable shooters to lend a hand if you are new to this type of challenge.

http://www.raynersrange.com/

Topstrap

Re: Rayners Range August long range match

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
plenty of soft grass for those that like to do it in the dirt.
</div></div>

I like to do it in the dirt...
grin.gif

See ya there

Should be 3 squads since there are 3 positions at each station.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

grin.gif

See ya there
</div></div>

Lookin forward to seeing that shiney new 260 of yours in the dirt
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

grin.gif

See ya there
</div></div>

Lookin forward to seeing that shiney new 260 of yours in the dirt
grin.gif
</div></div>
wink.gif

Me too

I tried the prone position today with my short stick and there is no way I can do it. With the long eye relief and having to try and hold my head up high enough to see thru the scope it's nearly impossible to do. I only tried it for a couple minutes and my neck still hurts. I wanted to see if I could use that position for a TVP shoot so we'd be competing with everyone else from the same shooting position but it ain't gonna happen. I think the best we can do is still off that tripod. Guess I'll have to still be a sissy and shoot off a rest.
smile.gif

Topstrap

I was there Sunday for the pistol match and it looks like Tom fixed the place up a bit. He got some gravel to fill in the washed out areas on the drive and put a good bit on the hill leading up to the second shooting position. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it this weekend, but will certainly make driving around up there easier in damp weather. See you all there on Sunday.

LONG RANGE MATCH
AUG. 22, 2010

Dan Wolfe 340 O
Todd Thompson 330 O
Jim Ashcraft 315 O
Mike Scott 305 O
Dave Arbenz 300 O
Larry Skivilocke 300 O
Wayde Bainter 280 O
Dan Connell 280 O
Dale Taylor 270 H
Tom Rayner 250 O
Bob Fellows 235 O
Frank Holtzhauer 235 O
Jesse Rayner 235 O
Dennis Kirkpatrick 230 H
Todd Smith 230 O
Tom West 230 O
Chris Michael 225 O
Jeff Reisinger 220 O
Tom Steelesmith 220 O
Doug Dearinger 210 O
Kurt Poeppelman 210 O
Daniel Wolfe 200 O
James Elk 195 O
Dan Piatt 190 O
Matt Pulley 190 O
Hollie Michael 185 O
Randy O’Dell 185 O
Doug Spearman 185 O
Aaron Walters 185 O
Terry Vineyard 180 O
David Callipare 175 O
Zac Coffing 165 O
Dennis Lawrence 165 O
Jamie Price 165 O
Lynn Miller 145 O
Mark Armstrong 140 O
Mike McDowell 140 O
Josey Rayner 100 O
Mike Cooper 80 M
Lawrence Leaman 70 O
Chris Kirkpatrick 50 H
Dan Metzger 45 M

O Optic
M Metalic
H Handgun

Great day for the match, no rain for a change. Congratulations to the winners and some great scores. Thought Dale was gonna be the first of us to hit the magical 300 with a handgun but tricky wind put a stop to that this month again. Good job though Dale, ya finally got those pesky 3 whites at 500 before they dissapear. I have no excuse except for poor guesses for wind holds this month.

Great turnout and seeing some nice score improvements on some shooters. Gonna get tougher for the top shooters, gonna have to gamble more on those lil whites to win I think.

We gotta remember to get that group picture after the meeting before we go on the hill next month.

Topstrap