• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor 1-6 gen2e vs nightforce ns8 vs acog with offset rmr….

USMC-03XX

03XX
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2022
Kansas
Howdy y’all, the whole lpvo thing has been something I’ve been fighting for a long time. I was raised on irons which grew into red dot sights and holographic sights with and without magnifiers and actually did the Iraq thing with and ACOG and loved it. I’ve always been “scared” of “real” scopes on carbines, being as I want a duty ready, shtf, body stacking setup that checks as many box’s as possible. And won’t break when I fall going down a mountain side or down stairs in urban. And imo until post 2015 +/- (I’m sure my dates are off) Lpvo optics seemed more gimmicky and unless you had 3000$, Not legit bombproof. Durability is a huge deal to me. I’ve been to hell. It matters. Just like water submersible, imo if it doesn’t have a legit water rating, it’s a budget optic. So to get to my point, I have a 14.5 pinned Novekse CHF CL (yeah I know it’s FN), urgi rails, aero enhanced receivers. LWRCI fire control group (updating to ssa-e later) I also wanna run the Vltor A5 buffer system… (but again that’s down the road, I have it on my stainless Noveske and love it)

With all the eotech vudu 1-6 1-8 1-10… vortex razor 1-6 (the 1-10 is probably too much $ but I’m considering saving for it…) I know nightforce from all my H.O.G. friends and I know the NS8 Is the budget, but it’s still pretty epic. I’ve looked at the sig ffp 1-6, the trijicons, I think I’ve looked at most of the 1000-1500$ price range street value LPVOs, I know in that price range durability becomes less of an issue, because they’re all decently manufactured, 95% use Japanese glass, all of them battery life is horrible. Big point for me is The ease of the reticle for ranging and engaging human targets, FOR MY FIANCÉ. I’m honestly not worried about myself with any of these optics, but I want a new less experienced shooter aka my woman, or loved one, could pick up my rifle and fairly easily provide effective cover fire while I maneuver or set her/them off somewhere like an Eagles nest and let her use some distance to help buy time between shots. My SBR has a good old aimpoint T2 (king of red dots) and fixed irons (I know I’m old school) but I absolutely love that setup especially because you basically just aim upper thorax 0-300 and plug away. I plan on getting her as much trigger time as possible and training her diligently, but she is OCONUS and I’m trying to get my kit together before she gets back and I won’t be able to save anymore money to get legit kit items lol. I appreciate any guidance or opinions, preferably from other legit operators, but anyone with first hand experience with these, please share your opinion. As of now im kinda set on saying fuck it and just running a good old ACOG with offset rmr. The eye relief is my main issue with that setup… but with the offset rmr I think that would make up the speed in CQB distance. I THINK that LPVO or ACOG, I’ll probably still run offset rmr… or piggyback. I Have a construction job so money isn’t super great, but I force myself to live off frozen burritos and have no life. I work, I train, that’s it. No life. I’m currently at like 600$ in the kitty with the ability to take 300-400 a week out of my check to save. Oh and the ringer is my birthday (I know who cares 🤷🏻‍♂️Lol) is Halloween and was KINDA hoping to have this accomplished before then as a kinda self present 🤷🏻‍♂️ Btw FFP/SFP I don’t care as long as the reticle is daylight bright and makes sense. Preference being FFP.

Thank you all for you time!
God bless and SEMPER FIDELIS!!!
Robert 🖤

Btw, I know I’m probably paranoid, but does anyone else feel like something bad is coming? Like a sense of doom? With all this peer to peer conflict stuff on the horizon, I’m worried shits about to pop. And with a nuclear holocaust, I think the acog would be better option… I dunno, I hope I’m wrong. But I think as responsible gun owners and veterans, it will be people like us, taking care of the cry baby soft skinned sheep we know and love. The Wolves protecting the sheep. Kind of ironic. I feel like we’re right around the corner for the fall of the American empire. Or the fight to keep it. Stay frosty gents 🇺🇸

Last edited:
Reactions: whitefeatherfan
You can get a new Razor E model for $1K with your veteran's discount. You really won't need an RMR with that scope but whatever suits you. NX8 is smaller and lighter and brighter dot but eyebox is tighter but not a problem if you train with it. BTW, it's news to me if Noveske is using any FN barrels ( or any other, for that matter.)

Reactions: USMC-03XX
You can get a new Razor E model for $1K with your veteran's discount. You really won't need an RMR with that scope but whatever suits you. NX8 is smaller and lighter and brighter dot but eyebox is tighter but not a problem if you train with it. BTW, it's news to me if Noveske is using any FN barrels ( or any other, for that matter.)
Their cold hammer forged barrels are made by FN to John’s specs(rip) even their stainless barrels I believe are started in a different factory and finished in house.

Reactions: FishinGuns
I know It’s crazy how many barrels, bolts and receivers are made by different manufacturers than the logo slapped on them.

Unless she's already a shooter she's gonna like your sbr with t2. Get a 3x magnifier on a quick disconnect for when she wants to shoot a little further and a set of binos or a monocular for ID.

My advice is to try a setup for her as cheaply as possible and upgrade things she likes to better quality if needed. I got my wife this PA magnifier to try out and it was surprisingly nice so we just upgraded the mount.

Also my wife and daughter enjoy shooting a lot more since I switched things over to NV height mounts. Not having the facial structure we have they don't enjoy using the side of their face as a stabilization point. Not having the upper body strength and different weight distribution they tend to lean back and be more upright so the taller mounts are a natural fit.

The PA magnifier is 100$ and comes with a mount so with that and maybe a cheap riser to match your t2 and she can try the whole thing out for not much $$. Money's better spent on some spotting glass, good hiking boots and a quality ruck. Your ideas will probably be better received also as part of a healthy outdoor activity package.

Wife's carbine.

20220825_190056-2502965.jpg

Damn lol, you already got it figured out 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Yes perfect. Your right. I was toying with the magnifier idea on my 12.5” , which is quickly becoming hers lol, that’s an excellent point about the riser height, I’ve noticed every time she hates smashing her face on the stock.

My advice is to try a setup for her as cheaply as possible and upgrade things she likes to better quality if needed. I got my wife this PA magnifier to try out and it was surprisingly nice so we just upgraded the mount.

Also my wife and daughter enjoy shooting a lot more since I switched things over to NV height mounts. Not having the facial structure we have they don't enjoy using the side of their face as a stabilization point. Not having the upper body strength and different weight distribution they tend to lean back and be more upright so the taller mounts are a natural fit.

The PA magnifier is 100$ and comes with a mount so with that and maybe a cheap riser to match your t2 and she can try the whole thing out for not much $$. Money's better spent on some spotting glass, good hiking boots and a quality ruck. Your ideas will probably be better received also as part of a healthy outdoor activity package.

Wife's carbine.

View attachment 7973417
Never tried those unity mounts, always had the flip to side, and hated the flip to side. How she likin that setup?

She's only used the magnifier a few times but likes it fine. It pushes the weight up to where she starts having stability problems so she uses it off support. She really likes the high dot by itself.

The unity mounts are really slick and worth the $$ imo. Having it fold down in the center is a vast improvement over the flip to side. If your t2 is at 1.5 the 1st thing I'd do is get a cheap .5" riser under it so she can try that and go from there.

Eta She does have issue sometimes flipping the magnifier up and we're gonna figure out a way to make it easier to grip. To put it down you just smack it and that's the important part if you need it out of the way.

Her 12.5 has dd fixed irons with the t2 at 1/3 cowitness with a MI mount… but I could also run another t2 with 1.93 unity mount with a magnifier on my 14.5. That actually sounds like a phenomenal idea now that you mention it…

Unity is 2.26. Scalarworks does the 1.93 and it's a nice lightweight mount but you lose the option of the fold to center magnifier. I've only used the unity height magnifier a bit and I like it but all my magnified optics are at 1.5 so it's a little weird. 1/3 is 1.6 if I remember right so a
.5 riser puts you at 2.1 which is close enough to the unity to see if you like it.

Ok so I decided to buy a magnifier for the t2 on the sbr, and I just bought a acog rcom4 for my end of days rifle (the 14.5) I have so much time with the acog already… it makes sense… but I have at least 2 more uppers I’m gonna build and I see another t2 and an razor e 1-6. Fuck it. Buy it all 🤣. A tool for every job. 🇺🇸

Reactions: Bakwa