Rifle Scopes  Razor 1-6 opinions wanted.

JS624

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 10, 2014
Washington
Gents,
I'm tossing around the idea of picking up the razor 1-6 or the pst g2 1-6.
what's the most useful/popular reticle option and which one would you choose.
appears that they both have similar features.
I was thinking about the vmr2 reticle in mils.
will be going on a 223 wylde ar15 with 16" match grade barrel.
intended use would be cqb with occasional shots on steel inside 600 yards.
thanks

scudzuki

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2012
Philadelphia suburbs
I have a Gen II Razor 1-6 with JM1 BDC reticle.
At 1x it outperforms a red dot sight with a daylight bright dot and a huge FOV.
At 6x I've verified the BDC matches the external ballistics of M193 or M855 ammo out of a 16" barreled AR well enough to make center of mass hits on full size silhouettes out to 500 yards, and I don't consider the round effective much beyond that, so it's perfect for the application IMHO.
Great optics and a solid feel, but it is a little heavy compared to similar scopes.
Unlike all the other scopes I've had through the years, I've never had the urge to try something else in its place.

Rob01

Super Mod
Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
I run the Razor 1-6x with the JM-1 reticle. It's a great reticle for 3 gun as it's fast and the BDC is on with 55 and 25 yards less with my 75s. I love my FFP mil reticles in other precision rifle scopes but with this style scope the SFP BDC works best for me in 3 gun for speed.

It's a tough optic and can take a lot of abuse. Been throwing the rifle in dump barrels and into dump areas and never an issue. I would highly recommend the Razor 1-6x.

VegasHKShooter

Always Learning
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
Las Vegas, Nv
Agree with the above 100%. Scope is hell bent for durable, and I've really used it. It has been used in 3gun, shot the Safariland 3gun match, and been used as a work gun and training scope for newer students that were just getting into scopes. Glass quality is superb as well.
I run the JM Reticle as well. I have found that it lines up very well out to at least 500 yds. It is heavy, but the strength and durability aren't free. I honestly feel like the scope could handle anything that could reasonably happen to a gun.