• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor 5-20 EBR3 Review

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    I sold my Premier, I really liked the glass but hated the BS that pops up every so often concerning there business practices, most of the haters didn't own a PR but felt there opinion was worthy, and now it seems they have folded up shop and somebody else and is making the scopes, good job retards putting Americans out of work. So with cash in hand I bought a Razor 5-20 EBR3 5 Mil turret, Vortex Rings(look like Badgers), JEC TLD, and a Razor Red Dot, everything showed up in various shipments from different vendors, I like to lap my rings, I don't care if you don't, needing a 35mm lapping bar my searches lead me McMaster Car, I ordered a 35mmx200mm harden steel rod, I already have the lapping compound from previous adventures. Vortex rings mounted, torqued to 65inch pouns, lapped very little, and they needed it, I set my glass in the rings, cross torqued my cap to 15inch pounds, and mounted my JEC TLD mount ensuring the level is fact level, at first I thought I would put the red dot on left but after getting prone behind my stick I quickly reversed it and redid all my checks with the red dot on the right.

My 260 barrel has seen better days, with 3700 rounds down the tube I went to my club, it has a certified 100/200 range, that means during a match if you shoot a .000000000005 group it will go in the record books. Zeroing was no problem, my scope needed almost 15mils up and .7 left, now the instructions could be better on how set the zero stop, but a quick call to CKA/NTRP and I was squared away, I returned to my club and confirmed the adjustments were indeed what I dialed, 3.5MRAD up was just that(12.00 inches), I also went 1.5 up left right and down, all perfect, I also like the Paralax knob, it turns easy but not too easy, backlash was almost nil, and WTF its marked with numbers, something I missed with my previous scopes.

Having owned a NF NSX 5.5-20 with NPR1 reticle and the 5-25 Premier Gen2xr I was used to thin lined reticles, at the NTRP match in October I looked thru Francis's scope, the EBR3 was perfect IMHO, I almost got the EBR2b but after seeing the 3 I was sold, I kind miss the Christmas tree of death but the EBR3 is with it's full Mil and half Mil hashes and the .1MRAD subtension hashes from 6-9 Mils at noon 3 and 9 oclock should make ranging easier for us non Military Edumacaded types.

I hated the spacing of the adjustments on my Premier, I got the 5Mil knob on my scope, the spacing is perfect for me, so what if I have to turn the knob more than turn to get to 1k, the zero stop makes that a moot consideration.

I looked at many(all of them) reflex red dots, I spent my money on a 3moa Razor becuse of the no BS warranty it comes with, the JEC TLD is an outstanding piece of gear, I always thought why would anybody need a red dot on there bolt rifle, after seeing it in action I knew I had to have one, I'm sorta laid up right now from Ankle Surgery, but ASAP I will zero my Razor reflex sight at 700ish, I am looking forward to not having to dail down to find my target and dail up to engauge.

In summary I like my scope, I will be buying another Razor next year for my 308, you can spend more money on a scope, but I seriously doubt there $$$ better than the Razor, my Premier definitely wasn't better at anything, and cost alot more money, the JEC TLD is a quaility product that I highly recommend, it's simple, well made, and effective as hell, the Razor reflex is another quaility piece of equipment, I plan on getting 2 more, 1 for my 308 and 1 for my AR15 mounted at the 45.

Re: Razor 5-20 EBR3 Review

I've got this same scope/reticle and I'm extremely pleased with it. It's well put together, clear, and I like the reticle. I'm not going to opine to whether or not there are better scopes out there, but I will say I doubt you will find better for the money. This is my first Vortex and I've had them all. It will not be my only Vortex, I can tell you that.

Reviews like this are why I'm planning to sell off my NXS and trade (up) to the EBR2B in MOA.
    I'm looking forward to it.

(but I cant do it before I see what comes out at SHOT)

Punching "JEC TLD" into google isn't getting me anywhere. Don't mean to be a pain, but could someone give me a lifeline here?

I like the EBR3 reticle on my Razor too.

Thanks for the write up 427!

I have never seen the target locating device but it seems incredibly useful.