• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor AMG 6-24 elevation ?

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    Went to stretch out the -06 today. Needed 17.1 mils of elevation. Dialed my AMG and it topped out at 13 mils. It sits on a 20 MOA base. I found this highly odd as Vortex states 27 mils max elevation. Any thoughts?

It sounds like your scope is zeroed in the center of the adjustment range, which is where you want it. If you need more adjustment you have a couple of choices, new base with 30 or 40 MOA or rings/ one piece mount with 20 MOA

Have you adjusted the turrets all the way down and back up to check for full adjustment amount?

Both of my Gen II’s have over 25 mils so figured the AMG would have more.

Down to the zero stop and up to 13

I meant below the zero stop as well. That way you can confirm the total adjustment the scope has. Is the base for sure 20 moa and installed correctly? Just trying to think of other possibilities that would affect it.

My AMG is on a 20MOA rail, and I'm getting 20.5 mils of adjustment. Nothing special about the set up, Tikka action, 6.5CM in a KRG Whisky 3 chassis. Scope is in a Spuhr mount with no additional MOA slope.

How much windage did you use to zero? You should definitely have more than 13 mils. On a 20 MOA I had around the 20 mil mark also.

What range is your zero and for what cartridge ballistics? Perhaps if it's a longer than typical with a bullet that drops pretty quickly your zero is eating up half the travel of the scope +20moa. Seems a stretch I'll admit!

Yeah sounds like it. You could try turning it all the way down (no zero stop) and back up just to see what it does.

Curious of outcome OP. Did it get sent back to Vortex?

No. After speaking with vortex at length I’ve come to the conclusion that most likely my factory 700 is probably not true. Rifle is at the smith right now having a new 7.5 tube installed. I’ll post again after it’s done with an update but it’ll be a while

Reactions: unoigo