• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor AMG turrets

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    Hey, I’ve got 3 Razor Gen II’s and used to run S&B’s in my younger days. Love the turrets on both. Just for comparison sake.

Looking for a scope for a hunting rifle and haven’t gotten a chance to put my hands on the AMG.

Played with the RAZOR LHD and the turrets were mushy garbage! Hated them and I will never buy that scope.

Anyway, AMG comparison’s?

K41

I've had 2 AMG's... actually the same one but they swapped reticle and turrets in it for me. The first one I had was very tactile and zero mush whatsoever. The second one has just every so slight mush to it. Still very audible and tactile, but they have the tiniest amount of play in them when set on a value. Id say that the AMG turrets are the same as every gen 2 razor I've played with except that the clicks are closer together.

They are not Tangent theta turrets... those things are unreal. But I prefer the AMG to a few NF ATACR's that I tried which IMO were quite mushy.

I own all three scopes you mentioned. Schmidt has the most crisp of the ones you mentioned. Votes can occasionally hit or miss but I had an amg that had turret alignment issues and mushy turrets. Sent it in and they replaced them and they feel awesome now. Try to get Schmidt to replace turrets that have issues and you’ll have your scope gone for a month and probably have to pay them. If cortex released a gen I scope with glass quality of a Schmidt pmi for 2500 dollars people would be foolish to buy anything else. My AMG is actually say has better resolution than my gen 2 razor.