• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor G2 4.5-27x56... 1 piece mount??

black5.3

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2017
NC
Hey guys,

I have searched around and read some of the older threads, i have also read in the thread going on now about rings/mounts but i didnt want to hijack it. So i have a new Gen 2 Razor coming to replace my Gen 1 Razor and i want to go to a 1 piece mount this time instead of running rings because this optic will probably be swapped on a couple different rifles and its my understanding the 1 piece mount is a little better for this. Im not too interested in Sphur because of the price. Im looking at the MPA BA hard right now and wondering if anyone is using this mount with a gen 2 Razor? I have a 20 moa on the two rifles this scope will be shot on so im thinking of running a 0 moa mount since i dont really need 40 moa between the rail on it now and 20 additional moa in the mount.. The Nightforce mounts look good too but im really leaning towards the MPA.. I would like to keep the budget around $250, am i missing any other obvious choices?

Thanks

Don't know anything about MPA but, I have been using NF unimount and I have no complaints.

Reactions: plamia2
Arc m10 uni mount. There’s a few in the classifieds right now for a steal. ?....yes, shameless plug since I’m selling one but it’s no secret I am an ARC M10 fan.

I use two mounts arc m10 and spuhr.... and I only use spuhr when I have to for night vision. Otherwise m10 on all my rifles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
Thanks for the info so far gents! Interested in the m10 as well SPAK.... maybe we can figure something out with your mount thats for sell!

• Haha
Reactions: Pilotscrappy
I understand the budget part, but I’ve seen Spuhr 4001’s sell for $325ish here in the PX... If you go Spuhr you’ll never have to wonder about other mounts

Reactions: phlegethon
I have seen them sell for decent prices as well. No doubt they are great mounts and if I thought I would be gaining anything by spending the extra money and getting the Spuhr then I would do it but I personally can't justify the price of one when I could possibly have a mount like SPAK is offering that will do everything I want and maybe a little more for almost $200 less than what most Spuhr's are selling for. I appreciate all the advice am glad everyone is chipping in with their take on the matter.

There's a thread in the equipment section about the MDT Unimount, you should take a look at it. It just released and is a very cost effective option. I have one on the way, should get here in a few days. @padom already made a review of it with good pics. Worth considering for what you want to do.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Thanks for the info so far gents! Interested in the m10 as well SPAK.... maybe we can figure something out with your mount thats for sell!

Hit me up and let me know.

Arc or spuhr will do you fine. I’ve used geissle super precison mounts for work because that’s what we have. In the end my preference is still for arc based on design and performance... again just my opinion but they are hard to beat.

Reactions: black5.3
There's a thread in the equipment section about the MDT Unimount, you should take a look at it. It just released and is a very cost effective option. I have one on the way, should get here in a few days. @padom already made a review of it with good pics. Worth considering for what you want to do.

I'll second this one, and feel free to ask me any questions you may have on it ;)

Thanks for the info and help guys. I will be moving forward with SPAK and purchasing his ARC QD-L M10 mount he has for sell. Seems to be the best bang for my buck right now. Thanks again!

There is no issue swapping around optics with a good set of rings. Not sure what you have heard. No problem with a one piece set up either but don't think a good set of rings can't do it as that is false.

There is no issue swapping around optics with a good set of rings. Not sure what you have heard. No problem with a one piece set up either but don't think a good set of rings can't do it as that is false.

Didn't mean to come across as a regular set of rings wasn’t up to the task. I have been doing it for a couple years now with a gen 1 Razor and seekins rings, its been fine. I didn’t mean to come across that way.. Sometimes its kinda hard to interpret some intentions through text haha

So i have a new Gen 2 Razor coming to replace my Gen 1 Razor and i want to go to a 1 piece mount this time instead of running rings because this optic will probably be swapped on a couple different rifles and its my understanding the 1 piece mount is a little better for this.

That's cool but didn't want anyone looking into this also reading this and thinking there is anything better about a one piece set up.

Reactions: black5.3 and padom
That's cool but didn't want anyone looking into this also reading this and thinking there is anything better about a one piece set up.

I appreciate the added clarification and i will elaborate a little more to clear it up further. Its my understanding that if there is any warping or offset in any way shape or form on the scope base it can cause a binding motion on the scope tube when torqued into scope rings since they are individual and not together as in a one piece mount. It seems to me that a one piece mount would help correct or lessen the problem since it is one piece. Thats why i stated a one piece mount seemed better to me as far as being more repeatable and predictable since its all one piece(if torqued the same everytime). I am not a professional in this topic and don't claim to be, just stating my understanding of the topic and what my desire in a mount was.

If your base is torquing that much then it needs to be bedded and fixed or the holes trued and fixed. That is a base issue and not a ring or one piece issue. If you don't then it's still there with anything you mount on the base. It's something to fix and not try and work around with a one piece mount.

Mine is not, just stating what i have read and gathered from what others have posted online. I guess in my mind its kinda like a tolerance stacking thing, at least how i comprehend it. Like i said, im not a professional and dont claim to be. Just how i understood it... btw, im actually around your neck of the woods this evening.. im getting ice cream with the fam at Smith Farm ?

Rob01 is a solid shooter with a lot of experience and usually gives pretty good advice. I have an MPA on my bolt gun and I am very happy with it. Very clean lines, easy to install, and best of all, they support our sport heavily, so I don’t mind buying quality products from them.

Reactions: Rob01
Absolutely! Would never question what he is saying in this thread and I absolutely listen to what he says when he posts on this forum. Im just trying to explain how I perceived the pros/cons of rings vs mount and why i wanted to switch it up to a mount instead or rings.

Mine is not, just stating what i have read and gathered from what others have posted online. I guess in my mind its kinda like a tolerance stacking thing, at least how i comprehend it. Like i said, im not a professional and dont claim to be. Just how i understood it... btw, im actually around your neck of the woods this evening.. im getting ice cream with the fam at Smith Farm ?

Nice. Can't argue with ice cream. Lol never been there. Might have to check it out. Ever been to Sunni Sky's in Angier? On 55.

The staking is real but when mounting to a properly installed base it's a non issue with either type of mounting system. Key is always have the rifle right.

And i totally agree with that. The best/easiest way is to have it right from the get go.

I have been to sunni sky’s a time or two. Pretty good but we prefer Smith Farms. The peanut butter vanilla milkshake im sipping on right now is hitting the spot lol

We will definitely try them out then. Thanks. After roasting in the sun tomorrow at the Frontline match I might have to get some ice cream on Sunday! Lol

Lol sounds good. Thanks for chiming in, its nice when one of chiefs of the Hide share their knowledge with us. Thanks again and good luck at the match tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll get laughed out of here, but Larue makes QD mounts with sub moa change when removed and replaced.

Im not going to laugh you out of here but some might, Larue doesn’t get a whole lot praise around here for some of their mounts but everyone has their own experiences and opinions.