• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor g3 mount

GreenMushroom

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2020
Washington
Just picked up a g3 and had pretty much settled on a Badger c1 mount but I'm not finding them in stock anywhere so am considering alternatives. The Scalarworks looks interesting but there isn't much out there review wise. A lot of speculation when it was released that it wouldn't hold zero being finger tight but I haven't found much in the way of real world complaints. Was planning on doing a Badger 1.7 height which Scalarworks doesn't offer but I'll probably run a dpp at 12 o'clock so I might be better off with a 1.5 anyway.

I was able to find the c1 in 20moa but I'm assuming this wouldn't be wanted or needed with a capped lpvo. I've always used bobro mounts in the past but don't really need quick release on this rifle and have read complaints of the bobro spring lug losing tension although I haven't experienced this myself.

Between two rifles, two dudes, and 300 rounds neither of our scopes lost zero with the Scalarworks yesterday. One was as finger tight as possible. One was past finger tight using the tool that Suppressor Tools makes. I was pretty skeptical about them too but somehow the system works.

Thanks. They look cool just kinda complicated. I would feel better about it with the tool.

The badger is available in 20 moa. I'm not a long range guy so I've always bought 0moa mounts. Doing a little reading the g3 has a large amount of travel at 120moa so there shouldn't be any issue zeroing it. The deltapoint pro lists at 60 moa. What are the chances it would bottom out before zero? Not sure if when they list it at 60 if it has 30 up and 30 down or if it's biased to the upside.

I’d say no more complicated than any other. The self leveling screw is a bit of a I dunno what the word is…

Not sure about the Dpp. Alternatively if you go with the comm you have the 45* option.

I bought a scalarworks from rooftop defense they were supposed to be getting more badgers in but I liked the self leveling and I like a cheek weld instead of a chin weld

Think I'm going to give the Scalarworks a try. Found some videos and an interview with the guy that designed it and it seems very well thought out. I'm thinking the reptilia mount for the dot. The turret caps on the g3 are pretty low profile so I think it will work at 12 o'clock without sticking up too much. If not I can run it at 45.

Think I'm going to give the Scalarworks a try. Found some videos and an interview with the guy that designed it and it seems very well thought out. I'm thinking the reptilia mount for the dot. The turret caps on the g3 are pretty low profile so I think it will work at 12 o'clock without sticking up too much. If not I can run it at 45.
If you haven’t purchased yet, Reptilia has a 34mm mount out now and you can use their ring top mount for the dpp. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that before…

Looked at those but didn't like how high it sits.

100-015-for-site.jpg

This is the one I'm leaning towards but run at 12 o'clock. Thinking it'll give me the top 2/3rd of the window. If it sits too low I can always 45 it.

100-012-ROF-SAR-DPP-30MM-BLACK-FOR-SITE-COLOR-BLACK.jpg

The rifle is mostly for shooting steel during the day but I'll probably take it hiking occasionally so I'm trying to keep everything fairly compact. The g3 seems to have a nice eyebox even holding in my hand and the illum is nuclear bright so the dpp is mostly for nighttime use. That and a tlr-virii for white light/ir light/ir laser will give it some basic after dark functionality without adding much weight or bulk.

Yeah I see what you mean. That does seem awfully high. Didn’t realize the ring cap versions were as such. I reckon the nice thing about the clamping version is that you can play with the position too if you like.

Try using code “rings” at Rooftop.

Reactions: GreenMushroom