• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Razor G3 possible issue

Nagor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone, looking for some info about a possible issue I might be having with a G3 Razor. The issue Im having is that the image quality/clarity is quite bad and no amount of parallax tweaking helps at all. Its mounted in a 20moa ARC m-brace on top of a 25moa base. With a 100m zero it has 30.5 mils of elevation right now. Im questioning if the image quality being poor could be because of how much cant is currently on it or if there might be a possible issue with my parallax adjustment since it doesnt focus the image much to at all. For reference when I say poor image Im talking along the lines of a 150$ spotting scope clarity.

I know as you start getting to the bottom/top of the elevation erector the quality will drop but Im just wondering if this is par for the course or If i should get it looked at? Im a 30 min drive from Vortex Canada in Ontario so it wouldnt be a inconvenience if I did have to take it in.

thanks for any and all help

Dial the turrets to the mechanical center and look through. This way you should see if the cant is the problem. One thing to note is that you will get a parallax shift if you go too far out from the optical center, so it is normal that you have to re-adjust it a bit.

Hey everyone, looking for some info about a possible issue I might be having with a G3 Razor. The issue Im having is that the image quality/clarity is quite bad and no amount of parallax tweaking helps at all. Its mounted in a 20moa ARC m-brace on top of a 25moa base. With a 100m zero it has 30.5 mils of elevation right now. Im questioning if the image quality being poor could be because of how much cant is currently on it or if there might be a possible issue with my parallax adjustment since it doesnt focus the image much to at all. For reference when I say poor image Im talking along the lines of a 150$ spotting scope clarity.

I know as you start getting to the bottom/top of the elevation erector the quality will drop but Im just wondering if this is par for the course or If i should get it looked at? Im a 30 min drive from Vortex Canada in Ontario so it wouldnt be a inconvenience if I did have to take it in.

thanks for any and all help
I have mine in a 20 moa mount on a 30 moa rail with no problem, so if you have the diopter set correctly and parallax isn’t doing anything send it in.

Is this by chance your first FFP scope? They are much more sensitive of the diopter adjustment.

If you haven’t already focused the ocular, be sure to give that a try before making the drive.

From the manual:
Ocular Focus
The ocular focus is essentially a one-time adjustment used to focus the reticle for maximum sharpness. This adjustment is slightly different for every shooter. A clearly focused reticle is a critical component for accurate shooting.
Ocular Focus – Fast-Focus Eyepiece Adjustment
Your riflescope uses a Fast-Focus eyepiece designed to quickly and easily adjust the focus on the riflescope’s reticle. To adjust the reticle focus:
1. Turn the magnification to the highest power, and your parallax knob to infinity.
2. Turn the Fast-Focus eyepiece all the way in.
3. Aim the scope at a clear blue sky or a blank white wall.
4. Look through the optic at the reticle. If the reticle is blurry turn the eyepiece slightly counter clockwise. Look away from the optic at something nearby to let your eyes readjust and then back through the optic to check reticle clarity. Repeat this step until the reticle is perfectly in focus immediately when looking through the optic.
Note: If you look at the reticle for more than a second or two your eye will naturally begin to adjust to bring the reticle into focus - you do not want this to happen.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Ask someone you know has owned 10+ scopes to take a look at it. Have them twist the ocular and set it to THEIR eye.

If they say it looks normal, have them help you with setting the ocular.

If they tell you it's ugly... contact Vortex. The warranty exists and works.

It's possible the parallax adjustment is a defect from the factory.

At least you know your scope wasn't hit hard with a rubber mallet before it shipped to you. ;)