• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor Gen 3 Zero Stop

Trung Si Ma

13F4P, Retired
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2021
Ft Sill, OK
I ran out of elevation during a recent .22 ELR match so I'm looking at replacing the scope. I've been looking at the Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36 and I have a question about the zero stop. Although I want a MILRAD scope the only one that I've actually been able to put my hands on is an MOA one.

I noticed that the zero-stop kicked in at -1.25MOA which is good, but it only went up 64 MOA (roughly the same 18.6 MILS that my Strike Eagles do). On the Strike Eagle i can take the zero stop out and get roughly 26 MILS travel (40MOA rail). I can not find a reference in the manual to disconnecting / removing the zero-stop - have I missed something or is this really an 18.6 MIL scope?

Thanks,

Don

Im running the Apex Rival on my 22lr and I’m getting 27mil’s of internal adjustment out do the max 29. They are offering a different cap to eliminate the zero stop and you should have a full 32mils

You can get 26 mils easy just by what mount you use....
Exactly. If you're using a 20-25 MOA base, you're not going to get the total amount of travel. I'm using a 50 MOA base on a centerfire and get 32 MILS of up elevation zeroed at 100 yards. I've not tried using a 50 MOA base on a RIMFIRE and seeing if I could get a 50 yard zero; one should be able to mathematically but sometimes things don't work exactly as the numbers say they should.

Reactions: redx
With the gen 3 razor, the zero stop always allows for -.5 mils on the mil models. The total travel available in the tube will depend upon what base you mount the optic with relative to the bore. 0 MOA mount/rail will give you about half the listed travel. You should be able to get away with 40-50 minutes of total base/rail incline.