• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor HD 1.5-8x32 on a coyote rifle

HSNARC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2010
Central Illinois

I found a few new old stock somewhere and I’m thinking this would make a great LPVO ish optic for hunting coyotes out to maybe 400 yards in low light and with lights at night. This would sit on a 16” recce type rifle in .223. No illumination sure probably a disadvantage at night, the one time a year I’d go out after dark. 1.5x for up close stuff seems pretty decent. Glass seems like it should gather light and help at dawn/dusk?

why did they get discontinued?

What do you all think?

Reactions: godofthunder
Would personally love to see something like that with FFP and adjustable parallax. Basically a 2020 version of the 2.5-10 NXS

32mm is never gonna be ideal for dawn/dusk no matter how good the glass is. No personal experience, but I imagine it might be pretty tough to use without illumination in low light. I would think that’s why the model was discontinued. I’ve got a PST Gen I FFP 2.5-10x32 for my CZ527 coyote rifle and I love it, but I use the illuminated reticle and really only coyote hunt when there’s snow on the ground. I’m pretty much always on 2x with the reticle set on very low illumination. Lights up dark ‘yotes well against the snow.

Lo power will help with low light, and moving targets. If you have snow it would be a great scope, but the illumination would help. There are ghetto ways to illuminate the reticle with glow sticks or som.

The 2-10 version has illum , adjustable parallax and larger objective but it’s not much less than the new 3-15. I’ll probably just look for a used 3-15