• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Razor HD 4000 GB

JayseM_SportOptics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2019
Introducing the
IMG_7706.jpg
Razor HD 4000 GB the ultimate device for precision shooters and long-range hunters. This fully loaded rangefinder provides all the range and ballistic data you need to make that once-in-a-lifetime shot with first-shot confidence. With pushbutton speed, the Razor HD 4000 GB accelerates your target acquisition, allowing you to focus on what really matters - hitting your target with absolute accuracy.
The Razor HD 4000 GB is designed to be rugged and reliable, making it the perfect companion for hunters and shooters who demand the very best. Whether you're targeting a trophy above the tree line, across an open prairie, or ringing steel out to 4000 yards, this rangefinder delivers all the range, ballistic, and environmental data you need to make the perfect shot – every time and anywhere. So, if you're looking for a rangefinder that will take your precision shooting to the next level, the Razor HD 4000 GB is the device you need. With its exceptional range and ballistic data capabilities, you'll be able to shoot with confidence, knowing that you have the very best technology at your fingertips. Don't wait any longer – take your shooting to the next level with the new Razor HD 4000 GB. Available now at SportOptics.com!!

Reactions: opherman47
Was licensing price the reason they didn't choose Applied Ballistics or is there some other reason?
Vortex recently acquired GeoBallistics, so any of their products with ballistics capabilities moving forward will be using their software.

Was eyeing the Leica 2800 to pair with a Kestrel or this new RF by Vortex?
Tbh, I think it's hard to recommend the Leica over the Vortex right now. The optics are going to have the slight edge in the Leica, but the optics in the Vortex are still great and with the features and the price of the Razor I think it's tough to beat now.

Tbh, I think it's hard to recommend the Leica over the Vortex right now. The optics are going to have the slight edge in the Leica, but the optics in the Vortex are still great and with the features and the price of the Razor I think it's tough to beat now.
But if I already have a Leica maybe not worth changing?

Reactions: JayseM_SportOptics
I have the Leica 3500.com and the new Vortex is on the way here.
Leica is paired with my Kestrel and that connection is working pretty well.
On the smartphone, I have been using the GeoBallistics app for a year or so. Getting an LRF that natively works with it should be useful.
Now, all I need is to get some sort of an AB-enabled LRF that talks to my Garmin watch, and we are off to the races.

ILya

I have the Leica 3500.com and the new Vortex is on the way here.
Leica is paired with my Kestrel and that connection is working pretty well.
On the smartphone, I have been using the GeoBallistics app for a year or so. Getting an LRF that natively works with it should be useful.
Now, all I need is to get some sort of an AB-enabled LRF that talks to my Garmin watch, and we are off to the races.

ILya
This is the challenge with all of this, we're in the realm of IT product development iterations and life cycles.

What would anybody say that the difference is between AB and geobolistics?

I got the Leica because it does have AB and matches with the kestrel.

It is hard to think through the engineering trade-offs and stuff that were made and how we should make decisions as consumers.

Yea I think I might try this new 4000 GB out. I read the connectivity is super quick as well. Appreciate the feedback.

This has my attention.... I was strongly considering buying a pair of the new 10X42 Leica Geovid pro binos...
But this is giving me pause. I could get this RF and use/buy other regular binos.... hmmmm....

-ZA

This has my attention.... I was strongly considering buying a pair of the new 10X42 Leica Geovid pro binos...
But this is giving me pause. I could get this RF and use/buy other regular binos.... hmmmm....

-ZA
Im with you LOL

I have the Leica 2800.com and it has stayed in my arsenal because I can't find anything better, and by "better" I mostly mean something that offers a display that will show BOTH elevation and wind solutions on one screen, why no one other than Sig can figure this out is beyond me, I do not want elevation and wind solutions in two separate screens, I want them on one screen and to stay up for as long as I decide (menu option for user selectable display time would be nice). I would like a great monocular LRF unit that has the option to show elevation and wind side by side on the same screen, only then can I think of leaving the Kestrel at home and until then my LRF is a slave to my Kestrel which is a pain at times.

I do like the quick wind options on the unit itself and that might be enough to get me to switch from my beloved Leica but I'd like to see a bit more feedback here on the Hide.

The Leica 3500.com has a laser class 3R with 7.5W power and a beam divergence 1,28x0,85 Mrad.
What features does the Vortex have?
Icona di Verificata con community

Power is a parameter like any other. The 2800.com has less than 1W and a class 1 laser. Both have a wavelength around 900nM.
The military rangefinder have wavelengths of 1550nM lser class 3R and a power of even 10,000W (for a few nanoseconds).
All together these parameters say a lot about the reliability of the measurements in difficult conditions and the real range.
I know the Leica 3500.com well and it beats it on equal terms with the Terrapin X which is the top among civilian rangefinders
If you don't know the Vortex data, you can't compare them.
The first thing a rangefinder has to do is measure distance .....and it has to do it well in every possible condition.
Leica has always exceeded the data declared as measured distance and this is what matters most.
If Vortex does the same, it will be a best buy.

The rest is just bullshit.

ultimate device for precision shooters and long-range hunters. This fully loaded rangefinder provides all the range and ballistic data you need to make that once-in-a-lifetime shot with first-shot confidence. With pushbutton speed, the Razor HD 4000 GB accelerates your target acquisition, allowing you to focus on what really matters - hitting your target with absolute accuracy.
pikashow apk
ppsspp gold apk

Last edited:

-ZA
That is definitely a choice right there. Let me know if you need any more insight or if I can help at all.

Apparently not. I'd like to hear more from early adopters.
I have been using one with good success. It paired easily with the phone and works well with the GeoBallistics app.
I ordered a WeatherFlow meter to experiment with. I have a Leica 3500.com paired to the Kestrel, so I want to experiment and see how Razor 4000 GB with WeatherFlow compares. It is definitely a much more budget friendly solution.

In terms of the ballistic calculator, I have used it, so far, with 22LR out to 430 yards and with 308 out to 760 yards with good success.

Interestingly, from the same spot, Leica and Vortex give me readings that a couple of yards off from each other. Not sure which is correct, but it is not enough of a difference to care about too much. Still, I'll figure out which one is right.

ILya

Reactions: markl323
I have a Leica 3500.com paired to the Kestrel, so I want to experiment and see how Razor 4000 GB with WeatherFlow compares. It is definitely a much more budget friendly solution.
This is exactly what I'm curious about. For me it's not so much about the budget but about how fast the unit can provide a solution and how that solution appears. Preference would be both elevation and wind on same screen but apparently only Sig has figured that one out??? My 2800.com and Kestrel are decent, but sometimes drop and pain to setup, would like to ditch the Kestrel if I could find a viable solution.

I have been using one with good success. It paired easily with the phone and works well with the GeoBallistics app.
I ordered a WeatherFlow meter to experiment with. I have a Leica 3500.com paired to the Kestrel, so I want to experiment and see how Razor 4000 GB with WeatherFlow compares. It is definitely a much more budget friendly solution.

In terms of the ballistic calculator, I have used it, so far, with 22LR out to 430 yards and with 308 out to 760 yards with good success.

Interestingly, from the same spot, Leica and Vortex give me readings that a couple of yards off from each other. Not sure which is correct, but it is not enough of a difference to care about too much. Still, I'll figure out which one is right.

ILya
I'm curious if you have had a chance to try the Razor 4000 GB with the WeatherFlow?

ILya
Which weather flow unit are you pairing it with?

Jeff

I have been using one for a few months. I really like it. It has given me accurate readings In Florida hard to find area to range past 1200 yards but it works very well to that distance