• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RAZOR LHT issues?

Mumzergadol

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 29, 2018
    I fear I am having a zero retention issue on the windage on a 3-15LHT. Took it on an elk trip late season over Xmas and it seemed to lose zero after a bumpy off-road ride in a case.

I had to rezero in the field at altitude and in 0 degree weather and struggled to get a consistent result. The shift was entirely wind age.

The well documented mushy clicks did not seem to track evenly. I'd make an adjustment, fire and find not enough movement of POI. Until suddenly I'd get a giant point shift and have to come back.

I suppose it could have been gloved fingers, frozen grease etc., but just curious if others have had similar issues. I desperately want to love this thing but I'm not sure if I can trust it now.

Known issue, operator error? 🤷. What does the forum think?

I agree with the above.

It sounds like Vortex needs to look at it. It could be extreme cold gumming up the works in there, but they're still the ones who will be able to wrinkle that out the quickest.

The other option is wait for warm weather or find an indoor range and see if it repeats under better circumstances.

I have two LHT 4.5-22 that I've run pretty hard in super cold weather for NRL Hunter and haven't had any issues like this, not saying it's not the scope but I'd look hard at everything else first like torque on action and scope ring screws.

Reactions: Holliday
    Zero zero issues after 2 years of use with my LHT 4.5-22x50. I agree with previous posts. Make sure the scope mount and action are all locked down. If everything checks out there, one of the great things about Vortex is no questions asked warranty. Send it back with a description of what’s going wrong. They will check it out and fix or replace if needed. That option is part of what you paid for.

No issues with my 4.5-22 LHT. Outstanding so far.

That said, Vortex has got you…..

I'm not a fan boy, but definitely biased towards user error. Just trying to avoid being 'that guy' and sending it in pointlessly.

Figured if this was a known failure mode, you guys would have heard about it.

Mounts are tight. It's going back.

Thanks