• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Razor LHT vs Viper PST G2 for PRS

Slowbalt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
Eastern Canada
Now I know neither of these two are ideal for PRS but if they were the only two scopes in the world which would you choose for PRS?

Specs : RAZOR® HD LHT 4.5-22X50 FFP XLR-2 (MRAD) VS VIPER PST GEN II 5-25X50 EBR-7C

Please no other suggestions besides Vortex products. I won a 50% off certificate and wish to put to use for a new build that would be a general purpose rifle, roughly split as such:
Walking Varminter: 35%
Plinking/Training 35%
PRS 20%
Truck Hunting 10%

Last edited:
The lht has way better glass but it would be a terrible prs scope. Turrets aren't great , zero stop eliminates half your elevation and it has a tighter eyebox. I have 2 of them on hunting guns but would never even consider them for prs.

I would pick up one of the new MK4 HDs. Simplified internals and the same glass as the MK5. Actually an improvement in some areas. The 6x24 would be perfect and is half the price of a mk5 5-25.

For vortex the AMG would be the best choice but they discontinued them. Gen 3 razor for 50% off would be a hard yes. I got 3 of em on match guns.

Reactions: YotaEer
Have you checked out the Vortex Strike Eagle? I have two of them in 5-25-56 and the glass, in my opinion, is better than the PST. I have no reference regarding the LHT

I have a few of the LHT’s. Got into them for NRL Hunter and they’re perfect for that. I used one at a local PRS match. I think they give up some robustness for weight savings. The 22x is a little on the low side for PRS. The 6 mrad turrets are less than desirable for PRS as well. I prefer the SE 5-25 over the PST G2, and the Razor G3 over them all.