• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Razor or Cronus

shoot34

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Interested in getting a new spotter. For range use and occasional hunting. I have narrowed it down to either the razor or Cronus. Looking for first hand experience. Thanks

Never looked through a Cronus, but I have the big Razor spotter and have been really happy with it. Also you can't really go wrong with the Vortex warranty.

That said, I'll just throw this out there: Bino's might be worth consideration. (There's some pretty good deals on SIG BDX 3000's right now if you want an integrated LRF solution and own a BT Kestrel.)

Last edited:
I’ve been using the Cronus tactical for a while. My buddy has the Cronus 20-60x86. Both work well out to 1200 yds. Confident you can go further, but that’s the range we are shooting at. Not sure which direction you want to go. He had the leg up on magnification, but I like being able to call corrections with the reticle. Both have great glass. Spotting trace is no problem. Athlon warranty also great.

I just picked up an 85mm razor with the ranging reticle eyepiece. I’m super impressed with it so far. The reticle eyepiece fixes it to 22x but opens up the FOV and brightness quite a bit. I’ve got a phone scope coming in later this week. I’ll take photos through both eyepieces to give you an idea

I just picked up an 85mm razor with the ranging reticle eyepiece. I’m super impressed with it so far. The reticle eyepiece fixes it to 22x but opens up the FOV and brightness quite a bit. I’ve got a phone scope coming in later this week. I’ll take photos through both eyepieces to give you an idea

curious with your results. I didn’t have any luck with mine.

What do you mean? The phoneskope adapter wouldn’t work?

couldn’t get a clear imagine with my 22x.
my other setup with the normal eyepiece worked however.
so I’m curious if yours works.

couldn’t get a clear imagine with my 22x.
my other setup with the normal eyepiece worked however.
so I’m curious if yours works.
PhoneSkope makes two separate mounts for each eyepiece. Did you buy both?

PhoneSkope makes two separate mounts for each eyepiece. Did you buy both?

why do you think I wouldn’t know that? Yes dude
It’s literally impossible to use it without the correct adapter.