• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RBG thought

Slash0311

Snafubar
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Southwest Indiana
    A thought just ran through my tiny pea brain rather than thinking about the awesome self-isolation.

Since RBG has been laying low for months, what are the chances she will announce retirement this summer in an effort to push liberal voters to the polls and make this an ideology election? If she announces, can she change her mind if Trump is re-elected?

My opinion is that its safe to say she won't make it 5 more years. Her retirement would be a safe way for dems/liberals ro pull out all the stops during the election. I think all bets are off anyway but dems will be desperate to try and stop the Trump Train.

Reactions: OldSalty
    A thought just ran through my tiny pea brain rather than thinking about the awesome self-isolation.

Since RBG has been laying low for months, what are the chances she will announce retirement this summer in an effort to push liberal voters to the polls and make this an ideology election? If she announces, can she change her mind if Trump is re-elected?

My opinion is that its safe to say she won't make it 5 more years. Her retirement would be a safe way for dems/liberals ro pull out all the stops during the election. I think all bets are off anyway but dems will be desperate to try and stop the Trump Train.

No, because Trump's eligible for a second term. So the six month tradition does not apply. He can appoint a new justice before rictus sets in.

Besides... she died a year ago. RBG is being played by Betty White.

Sirhr

Am I thinking correctly that if they announce after the summer secession when all of the big case announcements are over, they stay on till about the fall to early winter when the new cases are heard? ie, after the election?

If she announces now (or Betty white, which is probably spot on) it pushes ideology to front and center driving the vote.