• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS .308 Neck Sizer Bushing Help

KSPony

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2009
Texas
I recently received a set of RCBS Gold Medal dies as a gift and I’m in need of some data so I can order the correct neck sizer bushings. The instructions on how to determine the correct size bushing is as follows.

Measure the outside neck diameter of a sample loaded cartridge, subtract .002" to .003".

Problem is I don’t have a loaded cartridge handy to do so. And since I live in the sticks I have no place to buy a sample.

I’ll be using Winchester brass so if someone has a quality load using the same I would greatly appreciate it if they can share the needed dimensions.

Thanks

Re: RCBS .308 Neck Sizer Bushing Help

The outside neck diameter of a loaded 308 Federal Gold Medal bullet is .339 and I use .336 and it works great.

If you have the brass case, measure the neck thickness and use that.
So, if the neck is .015" x 2, + bullet diameter (.308?), and subtract the amount of neck tension you want, that's the bushing you need.

I did measure the neck thickness but wasn't sure if that would be a good measurement since it's new brass that has yet to be turned. Unfortunetly I can't turn it until I give it a full length sizing. I should be able to get what I need from both measurments though.

Thanks again for the help.