• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS bushing F die and .002 bump

YamaS3rider

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2023
Hello, I have a Tikka UPR in 6.5 Creed. I set up my RCBS die as directed and when I checked headspace on a fired case (LE Wilson comparator) and a sized case, there was no change. A fired case would rechamber but not let the bolt fall. The sized case in the chamber was just like the fired case. The only difference after using the RCBS die was the neck was tightened by the bushing. What am I doing wrong?

Turn the die in small increments until you can close the bolt easily. You probably have press frame flex causing the die to push away from the shell holder.

Reactions: Supersubes
Turn your sizing die in until you get .002” of shoulder set back on the fired case.
1696712224934.jpeg

Record all of your dimensions for fired, sized and loaded ammo for base, shoulder and neck diameters and shoulder set back.
IMG_2626.jpeg

All of the above, plus... verify you have the type of die that actually sizes the body.
More than one type of bushing die exists, some only size the neck and not the body, other ones do both.

Hello, I have a Tikka UPR in 6.5 Creed. I set up my RCBS die as directed and when I checked headspace on a fired case (LE Wilson comparator) and a sized case, there was no change. A fired case would rechamber but not let the bolt fall. The sized case in the chamber was just like the fired case. The only difference after using the RCBS die was the neck was tightened by the bushing. What am I doing wrong?
Post the die set you have. Matchmaster? Neck or FL?