• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Charge Master or Lee Auto Charge ?

john_1182

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
australia, victoria
As said abouve im looking at getting either the RCBS Charge Master or Lee Auto Charge. also i am in Australia and can get the Lee for aprox $450 shiped, and the cahrge master for around $700 (yeah i know). but the curve ball is i can get the RCBS for aprox $450 shiped from the US to australia from ebay.

what should i choose (im aware the RCBS is the better unit) what would you do ? if i purchase the RCBS from ebay and have any issues with it would RCBS still accept a warranty? (within its warranty time)

Re: RCBS Charge Master or Lee Auto Charge ?

Hi John
Go RCBS for the US the versions, oz gun shops are over priced when you consider the only difference is the adaptor form the camping shop the add in to the kit.

I have had the RCBS for 2-3 years <span style="text-decoration: underline">never</span> had a problem with it, I broke my clubs 30year old record at 900yards using the ammo it made! I had a Lyman before the rcbs and lets just say it's a great unit if accuracy is not your goal!

i live in south texas. send me some floodwater and we'll talk a trade for a chargemaster.
just so you are aware...i got in a chargemaster recently and it wouldn't calibrate, stabilize, etc etc no matter what i did. finally called RCBS and was told to loosen the four rubber feet/adjusting screws on the bottom of the scale as hung-lo at the factory in china keeps overtightening them and it causes the scale to do wierd things. as i was talking to the rep i did it and bam! instant compliance. i went from ballistic to zen in 5 seconds. he said its a reacurring problem.

thats for the info guys, we have got plenty of water :p not just in queensland, but south australia and victoria and even tasmania has there own floods..

back on topic. just confirming it dose not matter if i get the US 110 volt version (240V in AUS) as long as i just replace the power adapter with a australian 1000ma one

one more question guys, is there any where in the US that whould post over a chargemaster , i only know of midway and they dont ship to aus

Try Natchez Supply, Mid South supply, Third Generation shooters supply, Graf's and son, E.A. Brown and some others.

I don't understand why an item that typically costs under $300.00 clams here should have a $400.00 shipping cost and tariff added to it. Surely the exchange rate between our currencies doesn't account for this but I am unaware of any legal duties required that would command such an outrageous premium.

Try the above named shooting supply outfits and see if they will ship to our best friend south of the equator!

You folks are in our prayers.

john 1182, let me know where you are in vic, if your near me your welcome to come check out my combo

i purchased mine from ebay, shippings a bitch but they come packaged well. All up cost me around $470 from memory...

vin

Where is all the extra money going to ship these? Is the Tariff
or dutyntaxes that high?

Go for the CM1500, I love mine. I also have the Lyman1200 and it's a piece of shit.

i will be going the CM1500 in a week or so.., ill just finish paying off the the credit card first (just bought a night force scope and 4kg more adi2208 (varget for the US pplz)

i keep getting in trouble for spending money from the better half :p oh well..

as for the AUS prices i think its mostly old stock when the AU dollar was weak, and sellers pulling the wool over our eyes thinking we don't notice the difference.. i wont go on about prices, but most shooting related stuff is double the US price

We get shafter!

And people wonder why ACA and the likes have segments with retailers whinging about us not spending money in stores, but going on line...

yeh no worries... il hand over my cash to support other peoples jobs and put myself in a hard spot whilst doing so.

pfffftt

Im all for fierce competition and savings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go for the CM1500, I love mine. I also have the Lyman1200 and it's a piece of shit. </div></div>

Shot in the dark, Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel!! I spit my coffee.
Rob