• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS charge master settings

alaskalanche

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2017
Alright what secrect code settings are you running to get the fastest, yet still accurate powder dumps out of your charge masters? I tried to copy one random dude off youtube but it always over threw chrages by 1-1.5 grains so I went back to slow rolling with factory default.

Thanks guys.

I slowed down my trickle to .9. I load varget and H4895 mostly and it's been a 1 in 20 over throw. I also calibrate each session.

If anyone here happens to have the old list of chargemaster settings and definitions and default values, please post. We should make those a sticky or add them to the resources. The link to the site that has them is no longer around. Hopefully someone has them. Would be super useful!

Default for the 3 numbers you adjust is:

1:15.68
2:3.42
3:1.08

I never messed with anything else.

Likely gonna try

1:9
2:2
3:.9 (as suggested above)

Reactions: Skunkworx
Yea I went off of a YouTube video as well and now mine sounds way too much and over throws every charge.

Forgot to mention I changed the second speed to 3.5. So 1 in 20, 2 at most is my usual overthrow.

Attached is a copy/modification of one of the earlier files talking about how to program the Chargemaster and what each variable means. Not sure if they still use the same variables.

Attachments

• RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Reprogramming.pdf
    129.7 KB · Views: 557
Just wanted to update that I did go with winniedonkey's suggestions for numbers to plug in and it made a world of difference. Likely loaded 250 rounds since then and I would say less than 1 in 10 is a slight overthrow. Thats going from 42 grains for a CM up to 73 grains for a 300 WSM. Vast improvement. Thanks so much guys!

Reactions: winniedonkey
I have found that some of the timing adjustments from the YouTube videos dont work. I tried to set the same times that I had on mine onto my step dads charge master and found that it wasnt accurate at all. The difference was that I was charging with stick powder and he was loading with small ball powder for 223 loads. We had to put his back to stock numbers.

Just as an added point of reference... the settings in the document I posted above work well with an older Chargemaster (7-8 years old maybe) when using Hogdon Varget or H4350 powders.

WOW! I changed mine to 9, 2 &0.9. 10 charges of n133 went from 7:13 to 2:28. 10 charges of AA2015 went from 4:00 to 1:54. Trail Boss still takes forever to trickle.