• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Reprogramming Video

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Just got another Chargemaster 1500. Thought I would make a quick video to show reprogramming to speed it up a little.

HD Video Link

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-DRJCL0D3A&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-DRJCL0D3A&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Reprogramming Video

Good video, thank you.

Awesome Vid I am glad others take time to figure these things out for us.

Awesome John! Done and done... Way faster.

Thank you very much. On my "To DO" list, soon

I run similar settings in my two but if you really want to speed it up change the A1 setting down to about 5.5 or 6. Gives me 45.5 grains of H1000 and similar powders in about 17 seconds.

Still not impressed with my CM.
Only accurate to within 2 tenths of a grain isn't
Good enough IMO

I can do as well with my lee thrower

And it's only 26 dollars

Kyle

Thanks for the great video.I will have a McDonald straw waiting christmas day for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyle MacDonell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still not impressed with my CM.
</div></div>

I went from a Lee Perfect Powder Measure to the Chargemaster. It increased my speed significantly. With the Lee PPM I was trickling with almost every charge.

I liked the Chargemaster so well I bought a second. It's definitely more accurate than two tenths. I check weigh every throw. This is what I load my competition ammo on.

I went from a Lyman to the CM. CM is much better

Great video!

FWIW,
I never actually used the McDonalds straw, I happened to have some of these pipits around and started with them. I tossed another some and he said the wall thickness being greater on the pipit seemed to hold the powder back a bit better pending kernel size. (during trickling) Overall he liked it better than the thinner straw.
I have played with different lengths and have settled on .4" of material using H4350. Also once the straw gets dirty it seems to not allow the powder to ride up as it turns, seems to work smoother. YMMV

IMG_0246.jpg

Yes I do, but I still have two of the CM's on hand. Don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon either. Been looking to speed them up and since watching your video, I now have an evening project.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated. Another step in the right direction
wink.gif