• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS chargemaster 1500 vs lite model

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Going to purchase one of these in the next few days before the rebate is over.

What is everyones opinion on using the lite vs the 1500?
    What are the advantages of the 1500 vs lite and are they worth the extra $110?

Thanks in advance.

I have the 1500 and never save my data. I have never used a lite. As long as you can set it to Auto so that it dispenses the next charge when the scale reads 0 I would say the lite will work just fine. Being able to reprogram the 1500 is nice also, it will save about 10-15 seconds per charge.

How many of you throw right from the Chargemaster for precision.

Attachments

• 20180325_093224.jpg
      20180325_093224.jpg
      325 KB · Views: 50
    Reactions: Changed
    I do, and I've checked the charges with a Ohlin balance scale. Its accurate. I calibrate it every time I turn it on, and I leave it on for 15 minutes to "warm up". Just wait until after the beep, when it displays the charge weight again. Mine will go a 1/10th over from time to time. I just pay attention.

Reactions: Changed
    I've had a Chargemaster for years! Recently the number pad on the dispenser started malfunctioning. I contacted RCBS and they indicated there was nothing they could do. They buy them from a vendor and don't have any replacement parts. I then went out and picked up a Hornady Auto Charge which looks like a single piece assembly of the Chargemaster with a few small changes. The Auto Charge also has a few more user tunable features that the Chargemaster didn't have. It has the same warranty but since it was on sale it cost me half as much. The testing and loading I've done so far show it to be just as accurate as the Chargemaster.

It's up to you to decide.

I have both. I like them both. Doing a little more testing the Lite vs the CM1500. So far with a couple of loads I have compared to, the Lite will throw a little more accurate then the CM1500. Or at least on the Magnetospeed it shows. Right now it's about 3-4FPS difference in SD.

Reactions: alfmoonspace
    Same. Have both and both seem to work according to their capabilities.

Glad I have two :)