• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster 1500

Mosdet

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2009
Illinois
You would think when purchasing a new one that they would close the powder drain valve on the side of it before shipping it.

Went through all the calibrations, put it in it's nice little home and then filled with Varget. As I was filling it was pouring out the side through the valve.

Thanks RCBS

Re: RCBS Chargemaster 1500

Did you not think to even check it?

But yes, been there, done that, and it was my mistake. I think everyone does it once if they own one.

Its a right of passage man! Welcome to the club. I assure you, it will not be the last time!

Also, make sure you have the black weigh plate and pan seated before tipping your powder in.. The powder can run out of the trickle spout and straight into the little sensor if your not careful!

I almost did the same thing. I seen it open a little and thought PHEW !!!!
I had a problem with it over throwing, Then I read somewhere that it will occasionaly. So I cut about a 1 1/2- 2" piece of McDonalds straw and inserted it into the threaded dispense tube and WALA. WOW no more over throws. I recomend trying it. It really works.

Just wait till you try to move it by the powder cylinder. 1 lb. of powder all over the reload bench in less than a 1/2 second.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: farmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wait till you try to move it by the powder cylinder. 1 lb. of powder all over the reload bench in less than a 1/2 second.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Never done, that but I could only imagine.

This is chargemaster #2 for me as just having one was a little slow for me. Having two really speeds things up.

Farmer - I have almost done that several times as well.
smile.gif

I would like to know more about the straw idea... Never thought of that. Does the straw protrude from the end or is it flush? Anyone else us this method?

Caustic, it isn't that it is slow I am just fast
smile.gif

Yea it is all reprogramed etc. Just makes it easier to have two of them running. It isn't that it is really that slow, just with two it makes shure I am behind and not the chargmaster.

Mcdonalds straws are smaller here in uk, not found a big enough one yet,
I have read that someone used some stiff paper rolled up or cardboard or something??

you can roll up printer paper instead of the straw trick. Thats what I did

I run 2 chargemasters at the same time. I have check the charge weights and they weigh the same. I reprogramed and MC straw. It is the only way to reload a lot of ammo. You should be able to powder a 100 case in app. 20 minutes. As soon as you dump your powder in a case. The next one is ready to dump. This is the only way to roll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mosdet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caustic, it isn't that it is slow I am just fast
smile.gif

Yea it is all reprogramed etc. Just makes it easier to have two of them running. It isn't that it is really that slow, just with two it makes shure I am behind and not the chargmaster. </div></div>

yes, I too have experienced the "open powder drain" dilemma. Needless to say, I've become a bit anal about checking to make sure it is closed!

So do you guys recommend the 1500 combo? Natchez has them for $279, so I'm thinking I may go that route vs the redding thrower.