• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster Lite

I have had mine for a couple of weeks to go along with my old CM1500. Head to head against the old 1500, the Lite is really slow at final trickle compared to that of my reprogramed 1500. I have done several loading sessions for far with it, and the 1500 can almost throw 2 charges compared to 1 of the Lite. But when weighing things, on the Lite, it's much faster to read and stabilize then the old 1500. So far I am liking it as a companion to my 1500 since waiting for the final trickle is what slows me down in reloading most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLqNsDirUzE

I have one as well, I will say that I dont have any experience with the 1500 and I'm new to reloading.

I think its a great tool for guys getting into reloading who are going to be buying an electric scale and a powder throw anyways; the price is right. But its too light to really stablize/level and I get a shift of .2 gr with the cover removed. Not sure if anyone else is getting it but I've let it warm up for over an hour and I can repeat this every time I use it. Overall I think having two of them would be great to keep speed up, and I'm not 100% sure that you cant reprogram it which is dissapointing.

I have had mine for a couple of weeks to go along with my old CM1500. Head to head against the old 1500, the Lite is really slow at final trickle compared to that of my reprogramed 1500. I have done several loading sessions for far with it, and the 1500 can almost throw 2 charges compared to 1 of the Lite. But when weighing things, on the Lite, it's much faster to read and stabilize then the old 1500. So far I am liking it as a companion to my 1500 since waiting for the final trickle is what slows me down in reloading most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLqNsDirUzE

Can the Lite be reprogrammed? Do we know? I actually watched your video earlier today.

Can the Lite be reprogrammed? Do we know? I actually watched your video earlier today.

Not that I know of yet. Pretty sure in time someone will figure it out. If anything, I would like to be able to turn off the beep as it's annoying as hell.

Reactions: flyer1a
I have one as well, I will say that I dont have any experience with the 1500 and I'm new to reloading.

I think its a great tool for guys getting into reloading who are going to be buying an electric scale and a powder throw anyways; the price is right. But its too light to really stablize/level and I get a shift of .2 gr with the cover removed. Not sure if anyone else is getting it but I've let it warm up for over an hour and I can repeat this every time I use it. Overall I think having two of them would be great to keep speed up, and I'm not 100% sure that you cant reprogram it which is dissapointing.

if you are standing over the scale then your breath can cause the scale to flucuate. A fan inside the room can cause it as well.

I have just general drafts causing my 1500 to shift as well even after the ac has shut off. But swing the cover over it and its fine again. I dont clip it closed, just pushed up against the bump stops. Its a small price to pay for not having to manually weigh the shit

I get a shift of .2 gr with the cover removed. Not sure if anyone else is getting it but I've let it warm up for over an hour and I can repeat this every time I use it.

Usually that's static electricity on the cover. I've seen the same thing with multiple brands of scales.

if you are standing over the scale then your breath can cause the scale to flucuate. A fan inside the room can cause it as well.

No fan, not standing over it or breathing hard. I've worked in labs before so I trust that I'm not affecting the scale.

Sheldon N said:
Usually that's static electricity on the cover. I've seen the same thing with multiple brands of scales.

This actually makes sense with how the powder was sticking to everything. Is there an easy way to mitigate this or just something to live with.

Grounding straps or equalize potential of yourself to scale an scale to environment.

Best way to ground indoors is to stick a two prong fork into a socket. One into the positive and one into ground

I always use the cover on my CM1500. If you're getting drift with the cover off, but not with it on, just always determine the weight with the cover on. When my 1500 started drifting with the cover on, RCBS told me to send it to them for repair or replacement. Try the dryer sheet thing for removing static from the cover. I wipe mine down regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using a chargemaster lite and having issues with over charges intermittently. Using H4350 ( stick type powder) when.it begins to slow trickle seems like powder builds up near the end of the tube then too much drops in the pan at once. I've tried adjusting the level so it's higher in the front than the back and vice versa with no change. Any tips to rectify this?