• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster problems

cockcroft

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2004
Huntsville, Texas
Could'nt keep powder in it. Finally figured it out. Might be a good idea to check drain before pouring powder.
IMG_0013.jpg

Re: RCBS Chargemaster problems

I wish I could say, " ....haven't done that once." Have you tried the straw in the dispensing tube yet? A McDonalds straw fits inside and can give better charging by cutting down on the "clumps"(or several grains at a time) of powder falling in the pan. Might not be and issue with that fine of a grain of powder, but give it a try.

For one dumb ass reason or another, my chargemaster shipped with the drain spout open. Poured in powder only to watch it all drin out on the reloading bench.

Why the hell would they ship it with the spout open?

Done it myself after switching powders and coming back later...forgot to close the drain hole..
smile.gif

It is a right of passage, man

After you watch the tube drop enough charges you know when it's going to over charge. When it's only one or two tenths short, and there's a big clump of powder at the end of the drop tube, you know it's all going to fall out

When i first got mine i didnt know what that knob was for so unscrewed it and dumped the whole shebang.Reprogramed unit, now dropes a charge in 14sec flat. Jim

if you vacuum it will make a nice light show
shocked.gif

for humurous post only-please dont try (attempt at humor)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done it myself after switching powders and coming back later...forgot to close the drain hole..
smile.gif
</div></div>

Me too. Almost as bad as bridging powder on my 550b, which sucks worse.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why the hell would they ship it with the spout open? </div></div>

Those zany Chinese in the shipping department!

Haha, did this the other day. Also threw a charge onto the scale itself without the pan being in place.

After I did that I painted a white dot on the drain knob in the closed position. Now I just look for the dot BEFORE putting powder in.
And yes I also dispensed powder without pan. Also got powder down under the plastic peice that holds the pan. Had to take the scale apart to clean varget out so scale would recalibrate.
Yea if you reload long enough you do all that stupid stuff.

Never done that before... or maybe twice!!!!!!

Yea my Friend? thinks it's funny to open that when I'm not reloading, and then when I do, what a mess. Thanks butthole.

Don't feel bad, I just did that the other day....right after I shot my chronograph!

Actually, I do it every 3-4 months with my Lyman, only with the Lyman it spills out the back so you hear it before you see it.