• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Die Set

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL
i am going to get a RCBS die set in 308. I am wondering if i need to get any other dies in addition to those or will those two be sufficent enough to at least get me on the right path and making some rounds?

TIA

also does anyone have a hand priming tool that they want to part ways with if so PM me please

Re: RCBS Die Set

It depends. If you're shooting an AR with iron sights standard dies will do fine and you can save even more by buying Lee.

If you want to shoot 1000 yard bench rest, then you will be told you need Redding or RCBS competition dies, a shoulder bump die, a Redding case neck gauge, a loaded ammo runout gauge and an RCBS electronic powder measure.

I produce sub moa 308 for my Tikka 595 with a Lee collet die set, ammo that shoots as well as Federal Gold Medal Match. IME, "the nut behind the bolt" is far more important than getting anal about ammo.

Re: RCBS Die Set

I shot this target using an RCBS FL Die set P/N 15501. Every thing was measured out with a set of Mac Tools digital calipers. I trickle my poweder with the elcheepo 502 rcbs scale.

So far for me this has worked out great, but I just started out reloading so I dont mind taking all the time in the world to learn and do every thing manually.

Maybe in the future I'll up grade to digital powder measures and fancy scales but the bare bones basics seemed like a good place to start.

Just my .02

Mike

Shot at 100 with remington 700 sps-t
168gr matchkings
TgtGfx2.jpg