• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS, Dillon and Forester customer service

Raygun

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2007
Recently, I needed some replacement parts for various RCBS items. Among many parts included the Rockchucker ram rod. In fact, I nicked the die nut in removing it to check the Rockchucker manufacture date. I asked and they replace that also. No problems, no hassle. I just called and told them my problems and they sent me replacement parts.

I also needed replacement parts for my Dillon Square Deal B. Again, no problems. A call and they sent me replacement parts without any hassle.

However, I bent the decapping rod on my Forester die twice. The first time they wouldn't replace it, and I had to buy a new one from MidwayUSA. When it happened again, they had me send the die back on my dime. I still had the first bent rod and sent it back too. They said that the first rod was of an old design and will not be replaced. They did replace the second rod. But to add insult to injuries, they charged me return postage. I did not hit a Berdan case, it was a small rock that got into the primer pocket.

Oh the timing, RCBS will never see another dollar out of me. In fact I'm ready to boycott all ATK subsidiaries based on my experience with them. I won't bore you with the details, but the friendly version of the story can be found here http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=179127

"Customer service" is a term I will -never- associate with RCBS.

So you bent the pin bc you failed to clean your brass before sizing and you are twisted because forester will only foot part of the bill for your mistake? Am i missing something?

Scout, I don't think he's totally out of line.
Many companies replace parts even if it's the customer's fault. I've seen people return stuff to Home Depot that they trashed, though I disagree with Home Depot because we all wind up paying for it.

FWIW, I decap all my cases before cleaning and know the force limit of when to stop or I'm gonna break a decapping pin. I've had stones, berdan primed cases and mud get in my way. However, a stone because it deflects the pin before you really feel the force stop is enough to break the pin. Bing! I hate that friggin' sound.

My experience with Dillon and RCBS has always been excellent. I have very few Forester products, so I can't really comment on them. RCBS and Dillon can fix 'stupid'! Everyones response time is longer now, with the panic, but being patient will get you taken care of. Lightman

I sold just about all my RCBS dies after I called them this last time. The adjustment guide that holds the decapping pin than going all the way through the die and out the top came (as ordered) with a broken screwdriver slot. I called, sat on hold for 47 minutes, then was told that I must have broke it because QC would not let it out that way. I had to furnish them the receipt from Midsouth along with the printout from Fed ex showing delivery time before they agreed to fix something that was broke from the factory. When I ran 300 pieces of brass through my 308 FL sizing die only to find they were out of spec and were some .002 off the shoulder, the CS rep argued with me, told me I must be new to reloading (sorry ass, 24 years experience, 14 with 308) and told me to send in 10 pieces of resized brass before I could send in the die for review, I told them to eat shot. I used to think that RCBS was an upgrade over Lyman, buy was I wrong.

4 weeks now and I still do not have my spindle for my 223 dies.

RCBS customer service is top notch in my book. Recently contacted them about parts for my manual case trimmer. After telling the gentleman on the phone about my problems, he cheerfully got a list together of all the parts I needed to rebuild my trimmer, shipped them to me on their dime, free of charge. This was after I told him that I had run several thousand rounds through my trimmer. He stated that the manual trimmer was never designed to do that many rounds, but that more and more people were doing so and they were happy to stand behind and replace all the worn parts.

Needless to say, I was impressed and had my replacement parts in had about a week later.

I'm going all redding now... I couldn't be happier. I broke a decapping rod.. called them and talked to a guy there that said no worries. They mailed me new ones all for free... no questions asked.

I sent my 30-yr-old RCBS 1010 scale to be evaluated for repairs. I TOLD them I FUBAR'd it. I did NOT ask for a replacement and did not expect one. All I wanted to know was if it was repairable or not. If not, I'd buy another one because it had paid for itself over the years. They simply said they'd look at it. I went to work and came home a few weeks later to a brand new 1010 with no charge whatsoever. This all occurred during the recent panic. I will continue to buy RCBS if they make what I'm wanting. I don't know why others have problems, but I'm betting impatience during these trying times and smartass attitudes with them on the phone will have a negative effect.

Only ones I have had to deal with were Redding and Dillion. Both were excellent, any decline in there level of service I hope can be attibuted to the current craziness.

Dillon is unmatched bottom line. If you need anything they will take care of it. RCBS I could never get through on their phone lines. I didn't like that one bit.

Don't have an issue with RCBS CS. Never had to use them. I don't care for their dies but that's my choice.

When it comes to Dillon, I've actually tried to pay them for a replacement part because it broke clearly due to my own actions. They wouldn't even listen. All they wanted from me was my address to ship the replacement to.

Forster???. Haven't called their CS either. Broke two depriming rods myself. My fault clearly and it was no big deal to purchase replacements.

I don't break a lot of stuff while reloading because I learned long ago that whenever one encounters an abnormal amount of resistance in a frequently performed operation it's not a bad idea to stop and check WHY. Some prefer the old "if it resists, just apply more force" methods. Funny how they often are those who complain about a company's Customer Service.

Just remember, the more one breaks and demands that a company replace free of charge, the more expensive their products will be in the future.