• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS MATCHMASTER

Jaywelder82

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts. I am thinking about purchasing one but am on the Fence.

If you are talking about the match master die I think that it is great One seating die can be used on all of my 22 caliber

I am talking the Auto trickler for reloading Powder. I have Researched The Charger master vs. the FX 210i. But haven’t seen much on Comparing The FX V3 vs. Match Master. Trying to make the right decision on what one to go with

Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts. I am thinking about purchasing one but am on the Fence.
    You a vet or LEO....cause RCBS gives great discounts.

And, that's why I just bought a Match Master....cause it sure as hell wasn't $899

I'm just starting to go through the manual and try to understand set up and operation.....my one comment is who the fuck decided to put a display in there that requires a damn table in the manual to tell you what letters/numbers it is trying to tell you. Oh, yeah....China design....sigh.

I believe that once I go through the manual, play with it a bit that it will be simple to operate. But right now, my other bitch is WTF wrote this manual....oh, yeah...China tech writers. LOL

It has auto settings to make it easy, manual mode, and you can create and name user defined modes where you can set a number of parameters. So, its a bit to learn if you want to make it dance like a ballerina, but will prob work just fine out of the box in auto. But I always have to screw with stuff....haha

Cheers

Not at all worth it since the A&D system exists. They really missed the mark with that thing.

I'll pile on here and say, if you have to pay full price, get the autotrickler. If you can get it for much cheaper, it seems to work pretty well. The a and d fx120i is a much better electronic balance than the one that comes with the match master. I have some friends that bought the matchmaster and they work well. They have not had any problems. It is just the magnetic force restoration balance vs the strain gauge balance. In my mind the mfr is far superior to the sg in the matchmaster.

Reactions: Baron23
    This is hard because I have been huge rcbs fan for twenty years but this has been a joke. I purchased one, not even close to worth the money! Screen is a .99 Chinese piece of trash that can’t even display actual letters and numbers, it’s like reading the alien language in the movie predator. Easiest way to run this is from your smart phone if you can get it to connect. It will connect to my sons iPhone but we can’t get it to connect to android. Have seriously tried getting ahold of rcbs customer support for almost a month now, sit on hold for hours and nothing, sign up for call back q and never get a call. I have emailed and was told someone would call me yet no call. It does drop pretty accurate but I checked it agains my hornady and they were spot on with each other and the hornady was 450.00 cheaper and tens times easier to use. If you are using this to load ladders it will take a little more time between powder charges because each time you switch powder charge you have to go through a few different inputs where as any other powder measure you can just enter new charge weight and hit enter and go. All said, given no customer support I would spend your money on better things. It does work, just not 900.00 worth of value.

I'm wanting on an Autotrickler V3, I think I'll be good.............

I don't have one but just checked it out on video. Here is a time stamp video of it loading a charge.

That is very slow compared to an A&D auto trickler setup without the thrower. I use a 1/4 tsp to get the pan started, let auto trickler top off, loading 2 to 3 charges in the time that takes to do one. I paid less for my scale + tickler setup than the match master msrp.