• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rcbs powder measure problem

BigRso

Sergeant
Minuteman
i need some guidance just picked up a rcbs pro chucker 5 press seems solid my issue is with the powder measure it will not throw a consistent charge it's all over the place from 41.1 to 46.6 target is 42.3 it threw it one time. I have the rifle stem and additional spacer inserted is this common is there a better powder measure I should get any help is greatly appreciated

mike

What powder are you having the issue with? Stick powders can be a PITA but 5 gr differences are over the top. I've loaded thousands upon thousands of rounds with the same powder throw without a problem.

When you make a 'throw', you might try rapping the handle quickly a second time to settle the measured load. I'm not sure what you mean by 'additional spacer'. Perhaps you could elaborate. Also, take a look at you-tube. You'll find a number of good vids that show how to get a good measurement.

What powder are you having the issue with? Stick powders can be a PITA but 5 gr differences are over the top. I've loaded thousands upon thousands of rounds with the same powder throw without a problem.

When you make a 'throw', you might try rapping the handle quickly a second time to settle the measured load. I'm not sure what you mean by 'additional spacer'. Perhaps you could elaborate. Also, take a look at you-tube. You'll find a number of good vids that show how to get a good measurement.

inside the the throw tube you have the large rifle case mouth and additional spacer to activate the powder measure completely I am using imr4451