• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

RCBS Precision Mic

Re: RCBS Precision Mic

Can it be used--yes. However since the sholder has a different shape it might not be calibrated to the AI measurements. That is, when you measure the sholder datum position, you may find the RCBS case mic reads a constant offset to where it was calibrated (223). Simply write this offset down and head for the reloading bench. You should carefully check the fit of the cases in the chamber the first couple of time you use the RCBS case mic to setup a die it was not explicitly designed for.

http://www.6mmbr.com/223Rem.html

The sholder datum line looks to be longer by 0.02175

Mitch is correct about the Mic. But, all we really need use the shoulder-to-head measurement for is to set our sizer to push the fired shoulders back 2-3 thousants anyway.

Don't even try to use that dummy bullet "free-bore" thingy tho, it's the pits. There are other, more repeatable, ways to find OAL to the lands. IMHO.

I found that Freebore Assembly tool sucks. I can not get a consistent result with it. I thought it was me I have been puzzling with it today and gave up.