• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS PREP CENTER??

UP_North

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
How well do these things work??? How much brass can you do before cutters need replaced?? What do you think of it over all? Is htere a better way to go?

thanks!

Re: RCBS PREP CENTER??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_Elk_Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is htere a better way to go?</div></div>
Nope! I love mine. It makes easy work of cleaning primer pockets, uniforming primer pockets, chamfering, deburring, neck brushing, and probably a few other tasks I'm missing.

Giraud chamfers and deburrs. Otherwise, the K&M de-burr tool does a much better, more consistent job of de-burring. Dewalt cordless drill works better and is quicker for primer pocket uniforming, flash hole de-burring and neck brushing. Bought one used, put it up on eBay the same day. I could stop the rotation with my fingers. Slow, underpowered junk, IMO.

It is a little underpowered but it has multiple stations you can use all in one place and it is bench top. I have a different chamfer bit so the bullet isn't scraped by the mouth of the neck.

If they had a stronger motor it would be better. If the motor was strong enough to do 2 cases at once (one in each hand) it would really be nice.

What is available as far as tools to use with a drill? Ive been lookiing but havent come up with much

You just need the adapter Sinclair sells. Then you can put any tool with an 8-32 thread on it.

Its a poor way to chamfer a case mouth anyway. Its pointless to worry about uniform case length if that chamfer isn't uniform and straight. Its bottom edge is the first and last point on the inside of your neck to touch the bullet. It needs to be straight. The K&M tool is a better option if you don't have a Giraud or a trimmer mounted chamfering tool.

I went and took some pictures of the K&M chamfer tool since I've mentioned it in two threads today and the pics on the sites that sell it are worthless.

P1040809.jpg

P1040810.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_Elk_Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is available as far as tools to use with a drill? Ive been lookiing but havent come up with much </div></div>

I have a ton of crimps to take out and would like the same info... or is the rcbs primer pocket swager the way to go?