• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS primer pins ( quick fix

5R Milspec

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2009
South Carolina
ok today I was in the reloading room messing around.so while sitting at my new station for reloading pistol ammo I had a brain fart.I had added a Lee press change out plate and had a little Lee press in it.I found some brass that needed deprimeing but didn't want to take out the deprimer from another press.so I went and took my older RCBS deprimeing die and played around a little.

now to the quick fix I was able to come up with.I took the die apart along with the broke pin.well I found that a small finish nail will fit in the hole of the pin cap.so I put it in and screwed it on the rod of the die.then took some cuttes and cut it short ( the nail I mean )well Lord and behold it worked.after resetting the die and in the press I was able to deprime some brass.( note I used a case to gage the length the nail needed to be )I pushed it through a case without a primer and cut it close to the head.( while the pin cap and nail was screwed on the shaft )then I rounded it off at the end.

OK I know its just a quick fix but wanted to help out a fellow reloader.so if or when your pin brakes you can now fix it till you buy new pins.I want to try and see if tempering it will make it stronger.I will soon try and let you know.

Re: RCBS primer pins ( quick fix

Needle bearings out of a universal joint work also. Ask about them the next time you are at a repair shop, they will give them to you.