• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS REBEL PRESS ISSUE?

Rapid Fire

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2021
SW WASHINGTON
Evening everyone,
I received my new RCBS REBEL press today from Brownell's. Overall press looks nice. I sat press up on reloading table and notice right away it would not set snug and square up against table edge. Turned press over very obvious press casting was not great underneath. Casting has a bow in it keeping it from setting flush. Called RCBS today and Rep said that is normal in castings. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Thanks
20210223_114836.jpg
20210223_114836.jpg

That press would already on it's way back to Brownells! That's crap!

Other than aesthetics of it not appearing to touch the table, once it is mounted there won't be any functional issue. Your call if a tiny gap in that location is worth the game of returning it and getting something else but for me I would run it as is.

You could try the Area 419 press. It will sit flush.

I have a Rebel and it bolts down, solid. I don't think you're going to get a cast press, that isn't machined, that's going to be flat.

Honestly, if it's an issue for you, put a shim or washer(s) to get a flush fit. When you bolt it down, it won't move, and that's what matters.

Reactions: PFG