• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Sidewinder Drum Dimensions

PBRACEGUNS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Central Alabama
Does anyone here have the RCBS Sidewinder unit? If so I'm looking for the dimensions of the OD and length of the drum. Was thinking of ordering the replacement drum for a stainless media cleaner.
Thanks in advance for any information.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!

I used to have one of these. I think you'd be way happier with a Thumbler's, or a Lortone replacement drum. I think the seal would be better, the RCBS is made to sit like a cement mixer, front end up, and no pressure on the lid.
As for dimensions, I sold it so I can't help there.

Drive band at the front and rear drum diameter is 8" The drum body tapers from rear to front. Length from base to front of drive band is 8 5/8", overall length to include cap is 9"

The cap is not a water tight seal and is a friction fit. When stainless tumbling I use Seran Wrap under the cap to seal it then hook a couple of rubber bungies in an "X" across the front. In this form it works fine.

I use mine primarily for Moly Coating with one drum permanently full of moly/shot. The second drum doubles for Wax coating, polishing and s/steel tumbling.

Good luck, I hope it works as well for you.

Ivan

The cap is not a water tight seal and is a friction fit. When stainless tumbling I use Seran Wrap under the cap to seal it then hook a couple of rubber bungies in an "X" across the front. In this form it works fine.

I use my sidewinder without all the measures you go to with SS media. I just fill mine with 5# pins, 2# brass, and only use 1/2 gallon of water. My lid still fits nice and tight after using the sidewinder for over 30 years.

BTW, it does a fantastic job of cleaning brass with the ss pins. Luckily I bought mine when it was "affordable" :)