• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Uniflow rowder measure

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
Are these any good ? I reload H-1000, RE-22, Varget, I am worried about it cutting the powder. I will weigh and trickle to finish each load. I just want the measure to get close. Thanks Guys

Re: RCBS Uniflow rowder measure

"Are (Uniflow measures) any good ?

Well, yeah. They've been a major seller for at least 40 years, guess they have the bugs worked out now. ??

"I reload H-1000, RE-22, Varget, I am worried about it cutting the powder."

Iron powder measures will certainly cut a few kernels of powder but you can find more serious things to worry about than that.

I use one with a small drum to throw pistol powders, and it works great, all throwers will cut a kernal from time to time, no biggie.

With ANY powder measure you'll have an ocassional cut powder kernel. I use IMR stick powders 90% of the time. A lot of it is in your technique. The faster you go, the more you'll cut. Remember always, slow and smooth.

Good luck.

Uniflow's are great. I have one on my Lee classic cast and another one set up on a metal base for my rifle rounds. Cut kernals are no biggy, if your that worried get a cheap Lee powder measure. Lot's of people talk smack on Lee but I've heard it measures very accurate and won't cut any kernals due to it's polymer construction. Only like 20 bucks.

A modified(not the internals) RCBS Uniflow is on every Prometheus Powder scale, Gen 1 and 2

I used one to get close then trickled for exact load. Will cut stick powder but very smooth with ball powder.

I use one and utilize it mostly with pistol loads where a slight difference isn't too bothersome to me. If you are going to throw a bit under and trickle finish you should have no problems. I use a RCBS Chargemaster combo for rifle reloading and for doing small batches of test loads for new pistol loads. I love it.

Mine cut kernals occasionally. It throws pretty consistent with stick powders. I trickle and measure every load using R22. With Ramshot TAC, it measures very consistent. I check about every 10-15 throws and find very little discrepency.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shepheard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uniflow's are great. I have one on my Lee classic cast and another one set up on a metal base for my rifle rounds. Cut kernals are no biggy, if your that worried get a cheap Lee powder measure. Lot's of people talk smack on Lee but I've heard it measures very accurate and won't cut any kernals due to it's polymer construction. Only like 20 bucks.</div></div>

Unfortunately not so: my Lee cuts IMR4895 like a mofo, even going slow. The plastic around the drop tube is all chewed up from the chopping. That said it is good enough to throw & trickle. Will upgrade soon though, probably to the uniflow.

Uniflow is a great thrower for the price.

Has optional extras as well... micrometer, stand etc

I dont know if its possible to get a powder thrower that will not cut kernels if they get in the way.

I got the RCBS rockchucker reloading kit when I started reloading in 1999.

1) Rockchucker press .. don't use it anymore.
2) "Speer 12" reloading manual... don't use it anymore.
3) Bottle of glycerin for lube... don't use it any more.
4) Pad for applying glycerin... don't use it anymore.
5) Brush for lubing inside of case neck.. don't use it anymore.
6) Loading tray made of plastic... don't use it anymore.
7) Wire brush for cleaning primer pockets... don't use it anymore.
8) case trimmer...don't use it anymore.
9) Funnel ...don't use it anymore.
10) Inside outside neck chamfer... I still use it.
11) 5-0-5 scale... I still use it.
12) <span style="color: #FF0000">Uniflow powder measure</span>.... I still use it.

Thanks Guys. I bought it and it is on the way.