• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCSC Practice Shoot Feb 4th

AKAce

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Mid TN
www.koenigspr.com
Howdy folks !

Should be a Cold One !

I am the point of contact for these shoots, please use either this E-Mail addy or PM on the Hide.

The main Shoot will be Sat Feb 4th 2012, if your arriving on Fri and would like to shoot a bit that eve, let me know in advance. Sunday we will have a small group shooting in the morning, mainly positional shooting and some practice stages., we have limited room for this, so please let me know if you plan to attend.

If anyone is interested in a "Intro to Long Range Shooting" Class on Friday. Let me know. If we get enough people we will do one. Subjects would consist of but not limited to... Knowing your scope, Mil / MOA adjustments, Basic wind reading and theories, Using a Mildot Master, Using Phone based ballistics apps, Gathering Dope. Spotting Etc. The Plan is to start having one or more highly experienced instructor help at these classes, with subjects and skill levels changing each time. Fees would be in the $50 range depending on class size.

To put in Simple, RCSC is a Business. Nick and Zach are allowing us to have these shoots. The more money we spend at the lodge, the more we can do and the better the chance is we can continue. Rooms, Food and Adult beverages are all available and I ask that you utilize them as much as possible. When the books show a influx of money on our weekends... We look good.

About 100 rounds per rifle seems to be what most people shoot, of course your welcome to use more or less.

We will have close to 50 AR500 steel plates from 350 to 1100 yards.Generally we have plates every 50 yards all the way out to allow gathering of SOLID DOPE. There is also targets at 1525 yards if weather and conditions allow. We wore them out at the last one !

Were shooting in Natural Terrain, Not a flat "Square" Range.
Due to the terrain that makes it such a great place to shoot, some targets can't be shot from all positions, Part of learning is figuring out what targets you can hit. Just because you can see it does Not mean the BULLET has a clear path to it. Many people learned this on the 800 yard targets at the last shoots smile ** If you make adjustments and the Impact does not change... Your hitting something down range**

I am Limiting the shoot to 30 People, I need Confirmation that your coming via E-Mail or PM on Snipers Hide. People on the E-Mail List have first Dibs, after One Week I will post it on Snipers Hide.

Range Fees will be $40 for one day, $65 for 2 days.
Lodging will be $59 per night (Make Sure to tell them your with the Long Range at the Rock Group)
Address
Rockcastle Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort
22850 Louisville Rd.
Park City, KY 42160
(270) 749-4101
[email protected]
Coming From The North

Take Exit 48 off of I-65.
At bottom of exit ramp, turn LEFT onto Hwy 255 (you will pass a Dollar General Store).
Go approx. 1/4 mile and turn RIGHT onto US 31W heading south.
Stay on US 31W South for approx. 1/2 mile and turn RIGHT into Park Mammoth Resort.

Coming From The South

Take Exit 48 off of I-65.
At bottom of exit ramp, turn RIGHT onto Hwy 255 (you will pass a Dollar General Store).
Go approx. 1/4 mile and turn RIGHT onto US 31W heading south.
Stay on US 31W South for approx. 1/2 mile and turn RIGHT into Park Mammoth Resort.

Rockcastle Shooting Center's Range Rules

Firearms must be pointed in a safe direction at all times.
Approved hearing and eye protection will be worn by anyone shooting or observing shooters on the range.
No smoking on the ranges
No alcoholic beverages shall be allowed on or in the vicinity of the range.
No handling firearms behind the firing lines.
No rapid fire (shooting as fast as possible to simulate full auto)
No full auto/ Bump firing. (Unless authorized by a Range Officer)
No armor piercing or Tracer ammunition. (Unless authorized by a Range Officer)
Only shoot designated paper or steel targets. No shooting cans, bottles or other debris.
No horseplay or goofing around on the line.
Police up brass and trash when finished shooting (brass goes in the marked buckets)
Children must be under direct supervision of a non-shooting parent at all times (no running around the range or firing line)
Report any unsafe behavior immediately.
No loading or unloading of firearms except at designated locations on the range, and only under direct supervision of a Range Officer.
In the event of a malfunction that the shooter is unable to clear, bench the firearm and notify a Range Officer. No loaded guns will be removed from the firing line unless under the direct control of a Range Officer.
Instructions from the Range Officers are final.

Re: RCSC Practice Shoot Feb 4th

There will be a mag dump class also, details to follow

Instructor: me
Qualifications: awesome!

There also may be a mini truck driving course.
Lesson 1 get in the correct side of the mini truck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be a mag dump class also, details to follow

Instructor: me
Qualifications: awesome!</div></div>

Sweet Mother of God, Ace is gonna have to cut it back to 10 instead of 30 people cause your head is gonna take up at least 20 spots!!!!

Only if its a savage. I'm marking the date...ill be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Techtoy_al</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the savage shooters I will move it to 600 yards.

</div></div>
Now come on ThatGuy, we know you are just bringing it in to 600 so you can show off with your Glock!

Only a few weeks out.

Guess I need to see about loading up some ammo.

wanna load me up some too greene? cant wait guys really wanna try 1550 w the 7

sure Hop but don't know how well the 260 will fireform to 7/300wsm.

Ok Al, you just bring the Catseye.
wink.gif

One week out and getting ready.mrbig just a new 338 Lapua.Don't know if it will be ready for Saturday.Just got my shells loaded.I'm ready.

<span style="font-size: 23pt">I have just been notified by RCSC that our shoot for this weekend (Feb 4th) has been <span style="color: #FF0000">CANCELED.</span> I apologize to all that made plans. This was out of my control and I just found out.</span>

Ace,

Thank you for your work on this. Look forward to the next one.

H4L

AWE2,

I wish I had a good answer. When I am done answering the E-Mails from alot of pissed off people I will call RCSC and see where we stand. Until then I don't have any answers. I am Shocked that this happened, especially with such short notice and 30+ People impacted.

Cool.We all know how hard you and Mrs. Ace work to get these shoots together for everyone to show up and shoot.Take sometime off and take Trina out.Alan