• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up RCSC: Range Day - October

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Fellow Shooters,

We are pleased to announce the next shoot at RockCastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY. The date will be OCTOBER 8th, this is on a Saturday. We have changed the format of the shoot some, there will be an opportunity for members to shoot with us on Sunday. To join us for a few hours on Sunday you will need to be on the roster and pay the additional fee of $25.00. This will be a full day shoot (Saturday) on the long range course. You will have a lunch break at the lodge as we repair/repaint the targets.

If you would like to stay at the lodge your arrangements can be made thru RCSC staff at the number below. Tell them you are making a room reservation for the night before the shoot, if you have a long drive this course of action is advised. It makes it much easier waking up early the next morning to get your breakfast and be out there ready to roll. We are into the summer rate for RCSC, it is $79.00 (+ tax) a night. This is a new room rate..... it was normally $99.00 a night. They recently changed it for this event. Take advantage of the room rate and stay with us, we normally all get together Friday night in one of the big conference rooms. They are now allowed to serve wine and beer at the hotel.

Range fee: $25.00 for the full day on Saturday, We can accommodate Partial days on Friday or Sunday. Partial days are still $25.00

Food: Is menu price. You can always bring your own lunch and stay on the range with us to eat.

Here is the address of the Shooting Center:

Rockcastle Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort
22850 Louisville Road
Park City, KY 42160

Phone: (270) 749-4101

http://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/

The Range:
Is about 2 miles from the lodge. Is an open field surrounded by hills and forest.
We will have steel reactive targets set up from 400-1100 yards. There is also a 1600 yard shot that we can put you in the correct firing position for if you ask one of us. Please note* This is our personal collection of targets, we do not make any money on this event. We are simply doing it to further the sport we love and we take the risk of target damage. Be a responsible shooter, ask for help when you need it and we will be there. We would like to avoid any negligent damage that we could to our targets. You will NOT shoot anything on the range but approved steel targets. If we see you engage anything but our provided targets you will be asked to leave without a refund and banned from the range events. It is crucial that you respect the property of RCSC.

Sign In/Day of Shoot:
Upon arrival to the lodge you will check in at the front desk. The RCSC staff member will ask you to fill out a waiver and then for your range fee. Once those two things are done you will be highlighted on the list and given a wrist band. You must wear that wrist band for the entire time you are shooting. If you take it off we will not allow you to shoot until we verify that you have signed a waiver and paid your fee. There are NO exceptions to this rule. You must go to the lodge first and check in and then report to the range. A safety briefing will begin at exactly 8:30am and when it is over we will go live. I plan to shoot till lunch and resume at 1pm. We will then shoot till we lose light or we deem it time to go cold. That is up to the RSO's for safety's sake.

This will be a 25 person roster: You must be signed up with me to join in.
We have limited room and this is all we can fit on the firing line. Please post in the thread that you would like to come and then PM me your FULL NAME and any guests (along with their info) that are coming with you. We ask that our attendees be 16+. This is a safety precaution. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

1. Andrew Silcox - The Conservator
2. Jeremy England - Da-Law-Dawg
3. Andy Bishop - a_bishop
4. David Harrell - deh223
5. John Bradford 45.308
6. James Eblen
7. Charles Mann
8. Andrew Boyd
9. Shane Reagan - Tired Wings
10. Paul Matthews
11. Dennis Carpenter - Ouch!!!!
12. Alan Eldred - AWE2
13. Jerry Mahaney
14. Stephen Mayes - Clank
15. Dale Yates
16. Jason Greene - Greene
17. James R. - Cpt. Creedmoor
18. Jason Byrd - procovert45
19. Chase Walls - chaser_2332
20. Eric Leonard - MrBig
21. Tom L. - Taliv

* The thread will be updated with information for weather and other intel as we more closer to the shoot.

RSO's :
1) KYS338 - Adam L.
2. -ACE- Ron K.
3) Mrs.Ace - Trina K.

Re: RCSC: Range Day - October

count me in i had a blast last time, cant wait to try out some new load data

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">count me in i had a blast last time, cant wait to try out some new load data </div></div>

Have you PMed me your info?

That weekend is Youth Deer Firearm Weekend for the locals. There should not be anybody out there hunting but it wouldn't hurt to bring some orange???

My planet got shifted have to be out of town that weekend, shoot missed two now.

Count me in. Also I need a partner for the mammoth match, I am planning on shooting the toughman as well so think about that as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiredWings</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That weekend is Youth Deer Firearm Weekend for the locals. There should not be anybody out there hunting but it wouldn't hurt to bring some orange??? </div></div>

We have the range to ourselves and we are in a wide open hillside. They cant miss us. If they miss 30+ shooters with rifles blazing, a 16' enclosed black trailer on the hillside, AND all of our cars parked then we need to bail bc they have taken a group of blind people out there!!!!

We will be fine!

Wish I could be there. Last one was great notwithstanding the 107 temp. AND I have a new AR upper to try out. Sadly I'm stuck caring for a dog with end stage kidney failure and the birth of my first son most likely end of this week. I'll def push to join the next one.

We are now half full with a week to go! Lets keep the sign ups coming!

Will there be 100 target set up again?

It does not matter either way, this is not a request, just asking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there be 100 target set up again?

It does not matter either way, this is not a request, just asking. </div></div>

Surely we could make that happen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there be 100 target set up again?

Surely we could make that happen </div></div>

yay at least i can bring my 22 and hit something when i miss at 1000 with my 308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wont be able to make this one, too close to PMG maybe i you have one in november </div></div>
damn hoff its not gunna be the same without ya, i was really wanting to shoot your .260 again too

I wont be able to do one in November. I have way to much on my plate....

- I am in a good friends wedding.
- My dads birthday trip
- My company is expanding and I am in charge of the integration of new employees.
- We are expecting our baby girl to be born near the end of that month!

We will try and get one going before Christmas if the weather can cooperate with us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who hasnt came out to one of these don't be scared, ace doesn't bite <span style="color: #FF0000">Often</span></div></div>

corrected it for you
wink.gif

It is well worth coming to this shoot! I learned so much and I have time less tales to tell from the last one lol.

KYS: if you need help for one around Christmas time i am getting a lot more steel and building every piece new stands

If you want to see a guy wearing an electric dog collar while chugging a beer get zapped.... with beer spraying from his nose

COME TO RCSC and see Hoff get shocked!

Dam this is my anniversary and me misses are going out of town... Dont think I will be able to talk my way out of this one. Will definitely be there for the next party though!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who hasnt came out to one of these don't be scared, ace doesn't bite <span style="color: #FF0000">Often</span></div></div>

corrected it for you
wink.gif

It is well worth coming to this shoot! I learned so much and I have time less tales to tell from the last one lol.

KYS: if you need help for one around Christmas time i am getting a lot more steel and building every piece new stands </div></div>

Sorry can't make this one. Hopefully next time.
Feed Ace beef jerky and he won't bite. Yes that was an epic event with the shocking collar. I'm still laughing about that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hope I dont get laughed off the course,,are any of yall good spotters?? </div></div>

Don't worry Big, we'll sit back off the side and console each other! Brand new load work-up just finished and haven't had the chance to jam my Shooter App against "real world" numbers yet.

Be a good time regardless, me and deh223 willl meet up with you guys at the Lodge tomorrow evening!

We'll take my truck,but you have to drive mrbig.Everyone will have a blast.Mr and Mrs Ace are as good as it gets.If anyone gets laughed off the range it will be Jerry for trying to shoot 1525.But everyone there would say good try instead of making fun.Alan

OK I got a base zero at 200 with the 75 Hornady BTHP and 24 grs RL15,,I am just gonna guess its going 2850 and fix a chart to about 800

I have been trying to figure out how to go about the long target,,

IDK if I want to just try it first cold or work out that way,1200 is as far as I have ever shot at anything,,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to figure out how to go about the long target,,

IDK if I want to just try it first cold or work out that way,1200 is as far as I have ever shot at anything,,</div></div>

What are you shooting ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there be 100 target set up again?

Surely we could make that happen </div></div>

yay at least i can bring my 22 and hit something when i miss at 1000 with my 308 </div></div>

I always have a 22 to fool with while barrels cool off,,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to figure out how to go about the long target,,

IDK if I want to just try it first cold or work out that way,1200 is as far as I have ever shot at anything,,</div></div>

What are you shooting ? </div></div>

a loner 338 Lapua.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get with me... if it's any count I'll get you on at 1525 </div></div>

so I need the dope for 1525,,I dont know if it`s worth what it cost but it shoots pretty good,

Safety Briefing is at 8:30am CENTRAL Time. Please be present at that time. We will go hot shortly after the we finish going over the briefing.

See everyone on Friday evening if your staying at the hotel. (There will be plenty to drink)
The hotel served Beer and Wine. Don't think they serve the hard stuff yet.... You can always bring your own. I bring bourbon!

You check in with the front desk at the hotel BEFORE coming to the range. Follow the instructions and then we will see you on the range!

Thanks

Well boys, myself & deh223 have arrived at the lodge. We'll be takin up residence in room 140. Y'all look us up!

Be there in about an hour myself I'll find you guys Lol.

I hope it happens with the 100 yard target so I can shoot my CZ452 Ultra Lux and Brno sights between cool downs,,I have been tinkering with it at 200 also,,shot a couple 5 shot 3 inch groups with it at 200 last Saturday.

I will only have 100 rounds of centerfire ammo..