• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCSC Shoot Dec 3rd "Long Range at the Rock"

AKAce

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Mid TN
www.koenigspr.com
<span style="color: #003300">Howdy folks !

<span style="font-weight: bold">This is a Practice Shoot, Not a Match. </span>

Looks like we should have some cool weather for this shoot, Hopefully no rain !

Our shoots will be evolving to add some "Stages" to simulate matches, probably some "Mini Matches" etc to help us practice and train for the growing number of Sniper Challenge type matches. Input from you is Very Important, especially from the people that have shot with us in the past.

I am the point of contact for these shoots, please use either [email protected] or PM here on the Hide.

The main Shoot will be Sat Dec 3rd, if your arriving on Fri and would like to shoot a bit that eve, let me know in advance. Sunday we will have a small group shooting in the morning, mainly positional shooting and some practice stages., we have limited room for this, so please let me know if you plan to attend.

<span style="font-weight: bold">To put in Simple, RCSC is a Business. Nick and Zac are allowing us to have these shoots. Tthe more money we spend at the lodge, the more we can do and the better the chance is we can continue. Rooms, Food, Adult beverages are all available and I ask that you utilize them as much as possible. When the books show a influx of money on our weekends... We look good.</span>

About 100 rounds per rifle seems to be what most people shoot, of course your welcome to use more or less.

We will have close to 50 AR500 steel plates from 350 to 1100 yards.Generally we have plates every 50 yards all the way out to allow gathering of SOLID DOPE. There is also targets at 1525 yards if weather and conditions allow.

Were shooting in Natural Terrain, Not a flat "Square" Range.
Due to the terrain that makes it such a great place to shoot, some targets can't be shot from all positions, Part of learning is figuring out what targets you can hit. Just because you can see it does Not mean the BULLET has a clear path to it. Many people learned this on the 800 yard targets at the last shoots smile ** If you make adjustments and the Impact does not change... Your hitting something down range**

I am Limiting the shoot to 30 People, I need Confirmation that your coming via E-Mail or PM on Snipers Hide. People on the E-Mail List have first Dibs, after 3 days I will post it on Snipers Hide.

Range Fees will be $40 for one day, $65 for 2 days.
Lodging will be $59 per night (Make Sure to tell them your with the Long Range at the Rock Group)
</span>

<span style="font-size: 26pt">So far we are at <span style="color: #FF0000">15</span> People signed up.. I will Update as it fills. </span>

Address
Rockcastle Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort
22850 Louisville Rd.
Park City, KY 42160
(270) 749-4101
[email protected]
Coming From The North

Take Exit 48 off of I-65.
At bottom of exit ramp, turn LEFT onto Hwy 255 (you will pass a Dollar General Store).
Go approx. 1/4 mile and turn RIGHT onto US 31W heading south.
Stay on US 31W South for approx. 1/2 mile and turn RIGHT into Park Mammoth Resort.

Coming From The South

Take Exit 48 off of I-65.
At bottom of exit ramp, turn RIGHT onto Hwy 255 (you will pass a Dollar General Store).
Go approx. 1/4 mile and turn RIGHT onto US 31W heading south.
Stay on US 31W South for approx. 1/2 mile and turn RIGHT into Park Mammoth Resort.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rockcastle Shooting Center's Range Rules

Firearms must be pointed in a safe direction at all times.
Approved hearing and eye protection will be worn by anyone shooting or observing shooters on the range.
No smoking on the ranges
No alcoholic beverages shall be allowed on or in the vicinity of the range.
No handling firearms behind the firing lines.
No rapid fire (shooting as fast as possible to simulate full auto)
No full auto/ Bump firing. (Unless authorized by a Range Officer)
No armor piercing or Tracer ammunition. (Unless authorized by a Range Officer)
Only shoot designated paper or steel targets. No shooting cans, bottles or other debris.
No horseplay or goofing around on the line.
Police up brass and trash when finished shooting (brass goes in the marked buckets)
Children must be under direct supervision of a non-shooting parent at all times (no running around the range or firing line)
Report any unsafe behavior immediately.
No loading or unloading of firearms except at designated locations on the range, and only under direct supervision of a Range Officer.
In the event of a malfunction that the shooter is unable to clear, bench the firearm and notify a Range Officer. No loaded guns will be removed from the firing line unless under the direct control of a Range Officer.
Instructions from the Range Officers are final.
</span>

Re: RCSC Shoot Dec 3rd "Long Range at the Rock"

guys this is gunna be a blast. it always is

Of course it the day after i am leaving town.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluegrass Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course it the day after i am leaving town. </div></div>
cancel

I've got a class that has already been paid for and at this point I would not get a refund. Guess I'm going to have to start watching this section of the forums more closely and make sure my schedule is clear so I can make these things.

Ace, if there is no smoking at the range how will you survive?!

Any idea what time Friday people will be shooting or meeting up? Depending on the time I think I can drop by for a couple hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluegrass Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea what time Friday people will be shooting or meeting up? Depending on the time I think I can drop by for a couple hours.
</div></div>
Probably more in the evening time as it takes most.of.the day to set targets

I'd be glad to help with the setup. Just need to know what time to be there. Are you all meeting at the lodge or range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wont be making it to this one fellas
</div></div>
wtf man?

I was wanting to make this one but, my oldest daughter is turning 20 next weekend. I'll hope to make the next. Thanks for putting in the effort to make this possible.

Rthur

Nothing like father daughter bonding shooting rifles...

What is protocol for paying range fee?
What time do we start?

Pay range fees at the Lodge, sign Waiver and get Wrist band. If getting a room tell her your a shooter so your in our block. Looking like some nice weather !

This is normaly posted in member link up thread,and didn't see it here.Guess I'll miss this one.Really been looking forward to it.I'll look closer next time.Will there be another one before Christmas?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send me a PM to get on the Mailing list and know as soon as a date is posted. </div></div>

+1 Sent

hate it we're gonna miss it ace. we're expectin lil man to be born anytime now.

shooters. ace/mrs ace are expierenced shooters with alota wisdom to offer. if your able to make it, i highly recommend this shoot.

Amazing conditions for the shoot yesterday-It was like shooting in a vacuum. I especially enjoyed shooting at the golfballs at 1000 at the end of the day. Man, those things are hard to hit with a 308. Thanks to Ace ,Trina and all involved for all the hard work putting this on. Anybody on the fence about attending these shoots in W. kentucky do yourself a favor and get down to RockCastle, you won't see a better opportunity to test your LR skills. There is a lot of experienced shooters there to call shots and share knowledge in a very casual non-stressful environment.

Help keep this thing rolling people.

BTW, nice seeing everybody.

I cant wait for the next one.

If you are thinking about pulling the trigger on this and scared of shooting with people and havent ever shot past 200,300,400 or whatever yards you need to come to this. There are a few shooters that have come and shot this that have never shot that far and if you ask nicely ace will let you shoot his rifle to 1535. From then on your hooked.

The steel is plentiful and setup for you to get the dope you need to be a better shooter. Its a very laid back comical atmosphere, no judgement is passed unless your me then everyone calls me part timer or then realize why Im called ouch!!! You get to meet alot of the other people involved in getting this awesome shooting experience. Get to meet menagnomes, if you dont know what that is just come out and join us.

Had a blast this weekend and the cake didn't dissapoint either

You finally got cake?!?! Damn, I guess I left too soon!

Yeah they went to walmart and got cake and ice cream.

HUGE Thanks to Ace and the Gang for putting on a great shoot!

Per the comments above, opportunities like this are rare, they are very difficult to beat, and everyone should take full advantage of them!

Good to see everyone again, hope everyone has happy holidays.

Looking forward to more in 2012!
M Richardson

Excellent event Ace! You and your better half did a great job putting this together. Based on the amount of steel out there the amount of work you guys did was over the top, and I want to thank you for your time and all the effort.

Don/$

i have never seen that much steel at a shoot before