• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns RDS for HK P2000?

gnochi

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
Orange County, CA
Hi all,

Orange County CA removed their restrictions on modifications to CCW guns. As such I’ve been considering moving from the 3 dot night sights to a red dot.

Specifically, I’d like the following:
  • Reliability & durability
  • Automatic brightness adjustment
  • 1y+ battery life
  • Small profile
  • Front sight co-witness would be a huge plus.
One of the difficulties I’m having is that there’s 0.150” of metal between the top of the slide and a lightening cut, and that the optic footprint for RMSc, RMR, 507C, etc. would cross the firing pin and ejector pins.

Also, nobody I’ve run across makes a rear dovetail mount for the P2000, which is similar to the USP-C and distinct from the “USP” and the “every other Pistol HK has made this decade” dovetails.

I’m not opposed to carrying something else, but I’m picky on triggers (I like the HK LEM, and loathe an off the shelf Glock) and roster options are very very limited.

Does anyone have an HK hammer-fired Pistol with a red dot? Which red dot, and how’s it attached?

Hi all,

Orange County CA removed their restrictions on modifications to CCW guns. As such I’ve been considering moving from the 3 dot night sights to a red dot.

Specifically, I’d like the following:
  • Reliability & durability
  • Automatic brightness adjustment
  • 1y+ battery life
  • Small profile
  • Front sight co-witness would be a huge plus.
One of the difficulties I’m having is that there’s 0.150” of metal between the top of the slide and a lightening cut, and that the optic footprint for RMSc, RMR, 507C, etc. would cross the firing pin and ejector pins.

Also, nobody I’ve run across makes a rear dovetail mount for the P2000, which is similar to the USP-C and distinct from the “USP” and the “every other Pistol HK has made this decade” dovetails.

I’m not opposed to carrying something else, but I’m picky on triggers (I like the HK LEM, and loathe an off the shelf Glock) and roster options are very very limited.

Does anyone have an HK hammer-fired Pistol with a red dot? Which red dot, and how’s it attached?
Dump it for a CZ P-07. A quick tune up with Cajun Gun Works parts, a slide machined for an RMR by Primary Machine, and you're in business.

Let’s just say California courts suck sometimes and leave it at that.

Dump it for a CZ P-07. A quick tune up with Cajun Gun Works parts, a slide machined for an RMR by Primary Machine, and you're in business.

Alas, not on the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale - which means I’d pay at least 2x MSRP from someone who moves to the state with one, or a LEO, and can’t oherwise buy it. Whether you can have a non-Roster handgun on a CCW is itself a troublesome issue that I wouldn’t want to be dealing with in court, worst come to worst.

In short, California sucks and I’m trying to work around how badly.

You need a red dot with a California-compliant quick release mount.

I had my tongue half way thru my cheek. When the CA po-po are en route coming to your incident scene, you catapult the red dot into the bushes and upon LEO request, you brandish your firearm bearing only the BUIS! One less problem avoided. You wanted to make the accurate shot, right ?

I had my tongue half way thru my cheek. When the CA po-po are en route coming to your incident scene, you catapult the red dot into the bushes and upon LEO request, you brandish your firearm bearing only the BUIS! One less problem avoided. You wanted to make the accurate shot, right ?

I mean it’s Kommiefornia so it’s a justified concern ? Yeah, that’s why I’m not playing around with triggers and such - and why the gun needs to come with a good trigger.

So, California sucks for gun stuff. We all know that. Rather than doing the reasonable thing and buying a Glock, RMR-cut slide, and RMR or equivalent, I decided to buy a Holosun 507K - narrower stack, has a rear notch for a backup sight - and make my own damn mount. I also snagged a suppressor-height (0.365”) VP9 front sight from Dawson Precision to go with said notch as a backup.

I got said own damn mount today and the front sight yesterday, and haven’t sighted anything in yet, but here’s how it turned out!

E5AC6DAC-491B-4C77-9566-6C42630EA038.jpeg
966F510C-6117-495B-867D-F491A7571994.jpeg
FA05EA71-9514-453F-A680-6B68A58E28B8.jpeg

Reactions: geek65
Nice workaround. Let us know how it works.

Red dots on pistols take some getting used to but I’m getting lots of draw-and-dryfire practice into a mirror which helps. Zeroing was a bit finicky - my barrel/slide alignment shoots way left - and I’m almost out of travel, but the dot is so easy to use. The mount is still very secure after ~200rd. Cycling works fine even if I’m holding the gun awkwardly.

Reactions: Gregor.Samsa
I like to zero my pistol optics with a tripod, what's good for the goose is good for the gander and much easier than toting a Manson rest to the range!
ADMIN FYI- NOT HAPPY with whatever photo size restriction has been implemented......degrades the quality of photo way too much!

Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero 25 Yards Tripod 10.04.20 cropped IMG_6643.jpg
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0  Apex Fit Barrel Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Target Zero 25 Yards v. Sig P3...jpg
View attachment 7441091
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0  Apex Fit Barrel Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Target Zero 25 Yards v. Sig P3...jpg
Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero with Tripod Picattiny Mount 03.08.20IMG_5012 copyE.jpg
Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero 25 Yards Tripod 10.04.20 cropped IMG_6643.jpg
Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero with Tripod Picattiny Mount 03.08.20IMG_5012 copyE.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gnochi
I just adapted a LaRue QD picatinny mount to the usual mounting plate for the Manfrotto.

Last edited:
Reactions: gnochi