• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Re-Bedding a stock ? Can it be easily done?

lostangel

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
El Campo, TX
www.inamorato.net
I dropped the hammer on a AICS 2.0 from Alex at Euro Optics. This is for my Remington 700 SS 5r in .308.

The stock has been bedded even though it has the aluminum bedding block in it.

My question is this. Can the bedding material be removed? I was thinking of selling the HS Precision stock on here, if there would be a way to remove the bedding, or to at least be able to re-bed it.

I tried the search engine, but failed to find anything about removing the bedding.

Thanks

Patrick

Re: Re-Bedding a stock ? Can it be easily done?

The HS Precision has been bedded, correct?

That's not a problem. I have a used Sendero stock that was skim bedded, a little bit of razorblade and dremel tool work has it back to where I'm going to bed it again.

You won't get top dollar for a take off stock anyway, the bedding in there isn't going to hurt it that much on sale price.

Yes, the HS Precision(stock the rifle came with) has been bedded. Also has a custom paint job by Controlled Chaos Arms on it.

Not sure of a good starting price to sell it.

IMG_0027.jpg

Where can you get that door mat?!