• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Re indexing NXS highspeed zero stop?????

Sandbogg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2007
Nor Calif.
Has anyone taken there highspeed Zero stop clutch apart and re indexed it? My friend has one and the zero stop just catches one revolution before the zero stop engages (not always but enough to be a problem.

I was wondering if anybody had re indexed theirs and if so how they did it. ( we took it apart and there are several extra holes so it looks like it can be adjusted )

****FYI I am not asking how to set the zerostop****

Thanks, sandbogg

Re: Re indexing NXS highspeed zero stop?????

I would send it to the professionals at Night Force ... they will get it fixed the right way ...

Just my two cents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apophas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would send it to the professionals at Night Force ... they will get it fixed the right way ...

Just my two cents </div></div>

Big +1 man, no need to risk voiding your warranty.

Well , it is so simple we did it and now it works as it should.

Looking at the design I see no way to void the warranty, it is very easy to do, and anyone who backs off the lockdown screws to far could easily do it on accident. If it voids my warranty than I guess it is time to try a new manufacturer. I for one would much rather understand how my kit works.
Not sure if this is how NF does it , but we took out the 4 screws, tighted the zero stop until it contacted the fixed zs tab, screwed the top plate(holds the four screws) down until it barely contacted the threaded zero stop plate (the one that moves) and inserted the (4) lock screws. Low and behold it now works like all my other zero stops.

If you took the clutch apart, and unscrewed it from the brass adjuster screw, then you fucked up! I did the same thing, and NF told me that those 2 pieces are "timed" at the factory. Yea, I put it back together, and it looked like it worked fine. Unless you know what to look for and how to do it (which you dont), you will NOT be able to get it back together like the factory does.
Do yourself a favor, and send it back to let them fix it. Just my .02

Read this: http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2349322

So, can a high speed turret be reindexed to the zero mark on the turret after sighting in? The concept of this high speed sounds good, but from what I read there are lots of parts that could fail or that I could screw up.

Jackalope, yeah it sounds like a good idea! I think we will send it back for them to check it over. It is working like a champ right now. Sure would be nice to know how they time it, the system is not that complicated.

105amatt, As to resetting to zero it is fairly simple and straight forward (unfortunately this one was not timed properly from the factory and needs a little NF love).

Send it back, Nightforce fixed my 2.5x10x24 and had it back in my hands in one week.