• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RE: neck runout

Re: RE: neck runout

I try to keep it below .002" for 100 - 200 yard benchrest. The tests I have done and others I have seen, verify that .002" is the lucky number.

Damn, I usualy strut to the range like I'm hot shit if ive got a box full of .003 -.005" run out, and do pretty well with it.

Seating on or into the lands a bit will minimize excesive run-out.

Wheres-Waldo

What cal is your weapon? I’m using a 300 ultra mag and can’t get that piece of shit to shoot. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of besides throwing the fucker it the trash. But I have not messed with the neck run out that’s why I asked.

Simper Fi 0331 3/7 Weapons Co. 2000-2004

Yes, runaout is important. I think it's more important in a custom chamber, and that's why I stick with SAAMI chamber specs, to make such issues less relevent.

I find that when I compare dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's against simply running the machine with some homage to weighing individual charges, the difference amounts to about 1/2 MOA, going from about 1/4MOA to 3/4MOA, and sometimes it's better.

Greg