• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing "Re-Stocking" an existing rifle or inlet for DBM

HTX_17

Lurker Extraordinaire
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Houston
I have a 6.5 SAUM that I purchased 2nd hand and I love the rifle but not a fan of the lack of DBM. Existing stock is a Manners EH-3 I believe, with a hinged floor plate. In order to get DBM, can Manners inlet and install OR am I better off getting a whole new stock?

Anyone gone the route of having a bdl inletted for DBM?

Thoughts and insight are greatly appreciated.

Manners does that.

Also, depending on the DBM, some of them do it (CDI does for sure and did for my tikka).

LRI is always awesome. Hope to use them again someday. Dont have enough time toeven shoot what I have right now......

If your in the Denver area (or not) mile high shooting does this as well. They did one for me and I am quite pleased with their work.

I have a GAP 308 with McMillan M40A1 stock and I sent it to LRI to install PTG DBM bottom metal. They did an excellent job with a very reasonable turn around time. I also had them install a muzzle brake and cerakote the bottom metal and muzzle brake.

If all you're doing is installing DBM bottom metal, CDI offers free inletting and installation if you purchase their bottom metal. I have a CDI DBM on a custom Win 70 rifle and their bottom metal works well.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I need to figure out if I want anything else done to the rifle, in addition to DBM.

Thanks again