• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Re zero Scope

hidta107

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
tucson
I have a Leupold Vari X111 3.5-10X40mm Longe Range M3 with mil dot recticle.Havent seen it in 6 months.Its at a friends being worked on.The scope is on a Rem 700 308 with McMillan stock.When it returns should I re zero it and start all over moving the dials back to zero.your Thoughts.

Re: Re zero Scope

Depends on what you mean by work. Is the scope having some work done, the rifle itself, the stock or what? If the it is any of them I would shoot to re confirm the zero.

If the scope it having some work then yes I would completely rezero it with out a scond thought. The same thing with the rifle itself as it might not shoot the same as it did. I would also shoot to re confirm the zero if it was the stock or you change the stock as that might effect how the gun might shoot now.

Re: Re zero Scope

I was gonna say this is one if the dumbest questions I've ever seen on the hide but I changed my mind......