• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RE19 for 260?

planalpha

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2010
PNW
Looks like I'm going to have to try to make RE19 work for my new 24" 260 and was wondering if anyone has used it with any luck in this caliber? I have new Lapua brass and 142 SMK's. I don't see anything on starting and max charges and was curious if there was a good OCW or known load with this combination.

Thanks all!

I've used RE-19 for several years in my Remington 260 Mountain Rifle. I've gotten good accuracy with it in my hunting rifle. I shoot a 140 grain Sierra SPBT with 44.0 grains and a Hornady 129 grain SST with 46.0 grains. I've not checked the loads across a chrono, but I can tell from the recoil from other loads that my RE-19 loads kick harder.

I have a couple of loading data sources which list loads for 140 grain bullets from starting loads of 40.0 grains to a maximum of 45.0 grains. The Speer #13 manual lists RE-19 as the highest velocities with their 120 and 140 grain bullets.

RE-19 may be temperature sensitive so, be mindful of that.

I haven't switched to the 260 in a L/R rifle, I still have 3 - 308 L/R rifles that have a lot of life left in them, but I do like the 260 for hunting. I've taken a few Deer a pig or two and an Antelope with it. It has worked as well as my old 270 does.

Thanks for the info! I should have rifle in hand pretty soon so I can get started. I'll report back if I notice anything different.

Thanks!!